Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RayBob area pig shot..

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    Did you give him time to lay up, or did you start tracking right away ? Once they know they are being followed they will put a lot of distance on quick. Shot looks good me, can’t believe he made it more then 100 yd. Even though the coyotes probably got him, did you look the next morning, buzzards or any thing ? Those are one animal you don’t want to start the high fives and backslapping until you have your hands on them. They some times defy all logic.

My normal 30 minutes.

We got **** floated on the next day and couldn’t get on the property. It’s a local place about 40 minutes away north of Ray Roberts. It’s creek bed land . When it rains it’s hard to get into. I just wrote it off after that. Not that there would have been anything salvageable or left even. I get pics of coyotes weekly passing through or even eating corn. Rained again last night. When it dries out I’m gonna go fill feeders and look for some bones for a little bit after where I stopped.
    Last edited by Smart; 06-17-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Looked like a pretty good hit.

Comment

Definitely a dead pig. Like most that have replied, I'm also surprised that he went as far as he did.

Comment

Too far back. Most likely liver. Vitals are right up the leg. Anything behind the keg is marginal

Comment

Behind the leg

Comment

Shot looked good to me. If anything you may have clipped the front leg bone a little. That hog is dead in the woods somewhere. Those big tough SOB's have an incredible flight instinct and can go pretty far with a fatal hit.

Comment

Working...
              X