Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
    Looking real good!!!!

That #3 buck has a lot going on...Man, he a cool one. He looks mature to me. Going be exciting to see that beast finished out. I’m really liking the looks of him.

It’s going be another good season for y’all. Lol

Thanks Brandon!! I’m still trying to figure out what buck he could be. I’ll be digging up TC pics the next couple days from years past. As much as I love fishing, deer season can’t get here quick enough. Excited to see what this year produces for everyone out west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep he has a lot of character for sure. Gonna be a good one!

Comment

A buddy and I made a trip out to our Christoval lease grounds Saturday to fill feeders and as most above have mentioned, it is a west Texas oasis right now. Add in that we have only had approximately 1/3 of the number of cattle on our pastures since last year this time. Lets just say the native browse is impressive.

All our seasonal creeks are still running. This is a blessing, because if not, I would have died about 3:00 Saturday from heat stroke....ha ha.

Saw lots of deer and all looked extremely healthy. Turkey hatch and survival is unreal and was surprised at the limited number of quail jumped. Put cameras on all our sits, so our July work weekend should shed some light.

Hope all are well.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
          Made it out to the lease this past weekend for a protein/group work trip. It’s unbelievable how high the grass and weeds are all over the ranch. In some places it’s higher than the trucks!! Overall we got another 6.5 tons of protein out, some mineral and some corn. Also, we moved a few feeders around and a blind to community sets.

Was able to pull my card this weekend and had a few noteworthy deer that I’m looking forward to seeing how they finish out. Sorry for the quality of pics. Haven’t been able to move them to my phone yet.

Looks cool I like em trashy!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            A buddy and I made a trip out to our Christoval lease grounds Saturday to fill feeders and as most above have mentioned, it is a west Texas oasis right now. Add in that we have only had approximately 1/3 of the number of cattle on our pastures since last year this time. Lets just say the native browse is impressive.

All our seasonal creeks are still running. This is a blessing, because if not, I would have died about 3:00 Saturday from heat stroke....ha ha.

Saw lots of deer and all looked extremely healthy. Turkey hatch and survival is unreal and was surprised at the limited number of quail jumped. Put cameras on all our sits, so our July work weekend should shed some light.

Hope all are well.

Rwc

Comment

Hope all are well.

Rwc

I like the sound of all that. Especially the turkey hatch [emoji41]

Comment

Finally got around to installing my deerview window on my potbelly blind.

After talking and getting all the info on how Bonethug and KingsX concerted their potbelly blind to be able to bowhunt out of, I decided to convert mine.

I went with a 14”X14” and I think it’s going to be the perfect size to fit a video camera in the corner, and also be able to shoot real close range shots if need.

We also added another small protein feeder to the pen, just to give me a little more time. I got my covert setup and running finally with the help of a 10’ extension for my antenna.

It was a good weekend putting out a lot of protein and corn.

Comment

Turkey hatch and survival is unreal

Rwc

Smart right after you posted this...

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

After talking and getting all the info on how Bonethug and KingsX concerted their potbelly blind to be able to bowhunt out of, I decided to convert mine.

I went with a 14”X14” and I think it’s going to be the perfect size to fit a video camera in the corner, and also be able to shoot real close range shots if need.

We also added another small protein feeder to the pen, just to give me a little more time. I got my covert setup and running finally with the help of a 10’ extension for my antenna.

Glad to help. Looks good, Hunter!!!
                      You are going to love that blind.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

Very nice! I like that window size myself

Comment

Lookin’ good, Hunter.

Comment

If you guys don’t have feed out with a mineral pack I would at least put some loose mineral or mineral blocks out. My livestock is using close to 3x the mineral of a typical year. Same with other friends of mine with livestock and exotics. Lots of green just not as much to it the more it grows up from the ground.

Comment

Deer are back hammering the feed. Took 20 bags out today and that didn’t last long. Taking 25 back tomorrow.

Comment

Lotta feeder activity across the tracks too...protein and corn......and some coons are coming out in the daytime. Weird..

Comment

Working...
                                X