Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i remove a piece of hardie plank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was installed correctly, Moser's method is the only method.

Comment

The most brittle crap made. If it has any age on it at all just break it on purpose because its going to break anyway..

Comment

Oh my next-door neighbor is a master plumber. He said he would hook it up for me so I’m not worried about it leaking. Those people that blew up their fireplace were clown shoes. They were putting in gas logs and did a **** poor job of it

I fully expect to break a few pieces getting them out. I put in a new French door and had to rip out all the trim and destroy it. I probably spent 30 minutes trying to get the first piece off and then gave up and took a prybar and a hammer and a bigger hammer to it. That doesn’t bother me as much as putting them back in and trying to hide the nails now that I think about it. That access door thing sounds pretty good.
        Last edited by Rubberdown; 06-18-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
          Oh my next-door neighbor is a master plumber. He said he would hook it up for me so I’m not worried about it leaking. Those people that blew up their fireplace were clown shoes. They were putting in gas logs and did a **** poor job of it

I fully expect to break a few pieces getting them out. I put in a new French door and had to rip out all the trim and destroy it. I probably spent 30 minutes trying to get the first piece off and then gave up and took a prybar and a hammer and a bigger hammer to it. That doesn’t bother me as much as putting them back in and trying to hide the nails now that I think about it. That access door thing sounds pretty good.
          That's what I'd do and I'd put a valve in there too so the new branch connection could be isolated.

Comment

Get your a magnet and see where it is nailed and try to remove the nails without damaging the hardy plank. Check the lumber yards to make sure they still carry the hardy plank that you may need to replace if you damage it. Caulk can coverup lots of screw ups. The end piece should be the easyiest one to remove Sometimes you can get the hardy plank a little from the wall and use a sawzall to chop the nails or screws off.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              That's what I'd do and I'd put a valve in there too so the new branch connection could be isolated.
              Yes definitely a shut off valve. I guess all these fancy natural gas grills use a quick disconnect on the hose. At least Weber does. I really like the idea of not having to go buy propane. And the gas has never shut off during a hurricane.

Comment

Pics would help

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post

Good on getting a plumber involved. I didn't want to say it. Yeah, those guys most likely didn't even leak check causing fire. Access door and isolation valve sounds good. Good luck with repair. Most of the outdoor grills and lights I have seen done were tapped and ran with 3/8" od copper. I wouldn't use copper, I spent a lot of time in the late 70's replacing flex connectors on furnaces that were clogged with scale from the reaction with natural gas. replace connector and stopped up gas valves. Some of the scale had caused the gas valves to stick open.

Comment

Dont check for leaks with match.

Comment

I guess I'm confused, the gas line is inside your chimney? Most gas lines come down from the attack then go to your fireplace burner via inside a wall. Your best bet would be to either cut the line in your attack and add a tee or remove an elbow and add a tee which is what I am going to do. Either way you will need to thread some pipe and your plumber should be able to do that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                        Dont check for leaks with match.
                        That's how I do it!

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          Pics would help
                          yep, I think the same

Comment

Working...
                          X