Arrow Flung, The Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Flung, The Story

Last Friday me & my son went the hunting spot & hunted. A storm blew in & we left early, but while sitting in the stand I checked cards. I went from having any where from 600-800 pictures a week on three cameras in that area to having 122 that week. With all the rain I wasn’t surprised that activity was low but I didn’t expect that low. Fast forward to this morning. Alarm went off at 4:30, I told myself I’m not going, there was hardly any pictures last week, with only one picture of my #1 shooter I’m just going back to bed. 5 minutes later, I jump in the shower, get dressed, grab my gear & head out. I’m in the stand at a little early, Around 6. Got all my stuff set up, bow, pack & ozonics hung & running. Sitting there checking my cards, Hardly any pictures maybe 20 on the 3 cameras. Sitting there thinking to myself I’ve wasted my time, day starts to break, birds are starting to sing, my friends chickens start waking up. Just sitting there admiting the woods as they come to life. Look at my watch 7:30, look up to the right, there’s a doe standing. She’s not acting like anything. Not watching her back just sitting there looking around. Then BAM he comes out of now where & mounts her, I thought whoa that’s my big deer. I jump to my feet grab my bow, he’s obviously not paying any attention to me. He dismounts her & as soon as his front feet hit the ground arrow was gone. Hit sounded good, he jumped about what seemed like 5’ off the ground, did a mule kick & took off. I watched the area they was running to. Didn’t see them pass my opening down there. Then the doe comes right back the same spot. I knocked another arrow & was gonna go ahead & shot her but decided to let her walk. Hang my bow up & he comes my buck right at me, I grab my bow as he’s walking straight to me. Draw, before I anchor I could see blood pouring out of his brisket. He turns & when he does I let another one fly. I thought I hit him in the lungs, but I was extremely shaken up. Actual shot was in the hind quarter. He walks off, I see something faintly in the distance, about 40yrds away, he falls, gets back up falls again, kicks a few times & then he’s done. I watch him for another 20 minutes while I sit in there & thank God for the many blessings he has bestowed upon. Get my stuff together & climb down. Walk to about 20yrds from him, he didn’t move. So I went to put my stuff in my Jeep. Came back to him & was like “WHAT THIS AINT MY SHOOTER, HES WAY COOLER!!!” Drag him out of the woods, not till then did I count the horns. He’s a 13 point almost a 14 the one sticker was 1/8” short. 21 3/4” wide. But by far the most awesome deer I’ve laid my eyes on in person.

Sorry for the long write but I’m still on cloud 9.

Pics?

Comment

Here you go
      Attached Files

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Heck yeah, nice buck, congrats

Comment

Very cool buck, Congrats

Comment

Very nice rack, congrats.

Comment

Man that’s an awesome buck. Congrats

Comment

Still awesome

Comment

Wow very nice buck, Congrats! The body seemed a little thin tho😁

Comment

Awesome deer man, loved the write up and the pics.

Comment

Truly unique and awesome deer. The story is great too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a great buck! Crazy that he came walking back in after being hit like that! Congrats!

Comment

With that deer down I'd be a little nutted up too! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Love the character of that buck

Comment

Working...
                              X