No announcement yet.

2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's hot when you see a snake "playing" in the water. I was up there today and saw a ribbon snake swimming around in the last puddle in our creek/wash. He was acting like a person would in a pool: swimming back and forth, going beneath the surface, coming back up, etc. It was pretty funny actually.

I raked a small area down to the dirt, put a little fertilizer & about 15 gallons of water just to see if I could get some sprigs & forbs to grow. As of right now, I'm not going to be putting up any kind of feeder. Just don't want to attract the pigs. I may throw some no-till stuff on it before season starts.

Comment

Seen a pretty good group of bachelored up bucks on our place. The best couple bucks looked to be outside the ears, similar to the growth in Specks pictures.

Comment

Anyone get any rain last night?

A couple weather stations on Wunderground in our general area showed around 1.5". The closest one to us showed 6" in an hour. I don't know how legit that is though. Seems really extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by conroekro88 View Post
          Anyone get any rain last night?

A couple weather stations on Wunderground in our general area showed around 1.5". The closest one to us showed 6" in an hour. I don't know how legit that is though. Seems really extreme.

Everything stayed to the east of us but it was a heck of a storm. I’d guess 40 mph winds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing in New Ulm but wind. Stayed north and east.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at a Texas rainfall total map and it looked like our area got about an inch or so.

Comment

Austin County

I swung by our place in Cat Spring on the way to Schulenberg for All Stars yesterday evening. Dumped a half inch out of the rain gauge.

Comment

Not a drop in la grange or muldoon

Comment

Cat Spring caught 0.5 inch in that shower on Friday and it's raining right now. Of course, I'm trying to mow but I will gladly stop for a break while it rains. I'll check the game cameras later.

Comment

I didnt get anything in New Ulm yesterday. Looked like it hit yall pretty good in Cat Springs. Raining here now though. Hope we get a measurable amount. We need it bad.

Comment

I drove through a good rain shower on the way home from up there yesterday evening. Only missed us by a mile or two.

Looks like we're barely missing it again from what the radar is showing.
                        Last edited by JMKro; 06-09-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Austin county

My feeder camera batteries crapped out on me but our other camera caught a pretty cool pic.

Comment

^^^That is a pretty cool pic! Been seeing a bunch of fawns lately.

We got about 0.2" at the end of Track Rd

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                              ^^^That is a pretty cool pic! Been seeing a bunch of fawns lately.

We got about 0.2" at the end of Track Rd

We’re right by Track Road! I turn left on San Felipe and then it’s the first gate after the RR tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                                My feeder camera batteries crapped out on me but our other camera caught a pretty cool pic.
                                Great pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X