No announcement yet.

Question about big buck pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he ain't coming to you, you gotta go to him.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
      X2

Comment

Might of been pushed by a bigger deer or people. I would stick it out. Once he is more interested in does he will chase them to food. Don't push him and don't scent it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          He's onto you, I'd set up near where he watched the other bucks. I wouldn't change anything but where you hide, if possible.
          Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Take a climber and go get in that tree line as soon as you have a decent wind forecast.

I’d skip on throwing bait around in blind hope to minimize scent/intrusion. I can’t see that helping unless there’s not enough to eat.
          Originally posted by asu-indian View Post

x2 just change where you are sitting nothing more.

Comment

Change where you're sitting. NEVER go in there with the wrong wind.

Comment

I'm a bit more patient. I say wait it out. Keep doing what your're doing. Its very green right now. Sightings of mature deer have plummeted at our feeding stations over the last few months secondary to the rain. If he's in the area regularly he will eventually be chasing tail at your feeder.

Comment

You have never seen the deer before and don't have any pictures of it. The only time you can kill a deer is when it's there. You know where there is, go set up on it and kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                  Might of been pushed by a bigger deer or people. I would stick it out. Once he is more interested in does he will chase them to food. Don't push him and don't scent it all up.
                  this. he was within 30 yards! hellooooo!

dont go stompin' around, throwing stuff out, putting things on trees, parking combines nearby ect. stay put until you have more info.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                    Yesterday evening I watched a monster 11 point with a kicker come out of a ravine and walk a tree line about 100 yards from my oak tree. I have never seen this deer on camera or while hunting till yesterday. The feeder went off while he was milling around and he didn't even look up. Will he travel that same area? Should I try and setup near the trail or leave the area alone?
                    I would set up as close to the ravine, as long as the wind is good. The treeline would be worth investigating too. Heck yeah, go for it. He could care less about that feeder, he wants a doe.

If he is using that path, other bucks will too, don't narrow your choices to just one buck.

Comment

My guess is he was cruising, looking for his first HOT doe and you will never see him again. Unless you have a hot doe close by. Just my .02.

Comment

Stay put, bang some horns.

Comment

Didn't go near the ravine but did find a large u shaped scrape line behind the oak tree I hunt. There are about 8 scrapes and they look really fresh. Not sure if its him making them.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                            Didn't go near the ravine but did find a large u shaped scrape line behind the oak tree I hunt. There are about 8 scrapes and they look really fresh. Not sure if its him making them.

Put a camera on that scrape line see what ya got there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X