No announcement yet.

Getting Gall Bladder removed tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everybody. Not so worried now. This little thing sure can make you hurt really bad when its not happy.

Comment

Prayers Up!

Comment

Is he not happy because you reached a certain age and began to have blowouts after eating spicy food?

Comment

I think it’s more due to rapid weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery. Doctor should have taken it out while he was in there the first time.

Comment

The procedure is a piece of cake. Recovery no problem, had it done Friday back at work climbin ladders Monday. As stated above after surgery get used to the fact that you now only rent food, to be returned to sir porcelain within the hour. Until surgery if you have an episode try drinking a beer, seemed to relieve my pain. Good luck, charmin is my go to, pick a good one.

Comment

Mine wasn't such a great experience. I had stones actually down in my bile duct obstructing the flow from my bile duct to my gut. All that was backing up in my system and giving my liver a run for its money. They had to remove my gallbladder and it took 3 more times under anesthesia for them to get my actual bile duct properly cleared. 4 times in the OR total. 1 of the 4 times there was a severe wreck on the highway just outside the hospital where the power poles supplying the hospital were taken out. They woke me up from that time without doing anything. They felt that go round the situation wasn't as emergent and the risk of something happening with back up power while on the table was a worse situation than just postponing until the main power was restored. They thought they were going to to have to put a stint in my bile duct but finally managed to clear it. All the poking and prodding in that area lead to pancreatitis. I was in the hospital NPO for 7 days. The pancreatitis was probably the worst pain I've ever dealt with in my life for such a prolonged period. On a positive note. nothing but IV's for 7 days and lost about 20 lbs but I wasn't that large to begin with. Were talking 5' 11" going from 195 to 175 in 8-10 days.

Prayers that all goes well...remember...no matter what it can always be worse!

Comment

Dang Chris I didn't know. Good luck buddy. Evidently stay real close to a sh--er. Lol

Comment

No experience with this, but good luck, prayers for a speedy recovery

Comment

I guess I'm either lucky or a freak. I haven't had any food bother me. I still eat what I want and do not have to be near a bathroom. After the surgery, when the doc said I could have solid food, my first meal was a #3 w/cheese and jalapenos and onion rings from Whataburger. Second meal was pizza. My wife on other hand can't stay too far away from the bathroom after she eats.

Comment

My wife had hers out about 1 year before laparoscopic came out. Left a scar so big it look like he had both hands and feet in there.

For about three years she had to be very aware of where the nearest bathrooms were. She jokingly said she wanted a gallbladder transplant.

Comment

I had emergency surgery to have mine taken out two years ago this November. I had an attack at camp, 247 miles from home, but I think the attack had started two days earlier I just didn't realize it. I made it to the hospital ER on Friday evening, but they didn't do the surgery until Saturday afternoon. Some emergency that was. My gall bladder was plugged up and gangrenous. Surgeon said it was a good thing I came back because I might not have made it through the weekend.

Surgery was a breeze. Three or 4 little holes and he sucked it right out. Recovery wasn't bad, but I didn't take the hydrocodone because it made me do nothing but sleep. I was back at work after a week I think.

Certain types of foods now cause me to blow out an "O" ring on a regular basis. Dairy, particularly milk, greasy breakfasts (the best kind) and some other stuff. So watch your diet when you start eating normal again. It won't take long to figure out which foods you can't tolerate.

Best of luck to ya!

Comment

My wife had hers out and like someone posted above, her common bile duct had stones too and was blocked... her procedure lasted 4 1/2 hours but the surgeon did a fantastic job with it... She's an OR nurse for the trauma unit at Hermann Memorial and works with the doc frequently so she sort of "hand picked" him to do hers... She was having terrible pain until she had the procedure... she's SO MUCH better now and has had minimal digestion issues... well, 'cept that our favorite mesican place is almost too far from our house to be real comfortable just yet...

Comment

Home now. Hurting some but all went well. Thanks for everything guys/gals.

Comment

Great news! Prayers up for a fast recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
                                Home now. Hurting some but all went well. Thanks for everything guys/gals.
                                Go getcha a big ol plate of cheese enchiladas covered in red sauce, and a carne guisada taco. Might as well break it in right

Comment

Working...
                                X