No announcement yet.

For $19.99 on Amazon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember mowing a few yards to buy Bear traps. Curt, I used to hang with a bunch of boys in golden trails. used to be a pond at the park there by fire department. But a little boy drowned in there and they filled it in.. We used to ride BMX all back there in those woods behind the fire station.

Comment

GREAT movie!! Haha, or it was, I've struggled to enjoy the classics as I once did haha

Comment

Did you buy a digital version or DVD? Do you have a link? I searched for that movie a few months ago and couldn't find it anywhere, I wanted to show it to my son. I bet I watched it a thousand times as a kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I had a viper too, until my sister ran over it with dads truck, then I got a Dyno VFR I bought at Kyles Bike & mower down in Haltom City.

Complete with bear claws, fancy gooseneck, custom seat...and nothing else. We took the brakes off because they clogged up with mud, and everything else that added weight. I even cut the bottom 4" off the seat post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Kyle's is where I got my Diamondback. Seems like you and I stomped around the same places alot back then. We need to get a happy hour together sometime and talk about the good ol' days around that area.

Comment

I don’t even remember the bike brands shown in that movie. Around my location if you owned a GT bmx bike you were hot stuff. . I remember Haro bikes?

Used to hear a lot about Redline bikes too. And of course Mongoose.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              I remember mowing a few yards to buy Bear traps. Curt, I used to hang with a bunch of boys in golden trails. used to be a pond at the park there by fire department. But a little boy drowned in there and they filled it in.. We used to ride BMX all back there in those woods behind the fire station.
              Yep. We had to have the same circle of acquaintances. Despite the fact that we went to different high schools, we ran in a lot of the same places. I don't remember the drowning, but I do remember the park very well and the old fire station. There was an old stainless slide in that park that would get 1000deg in the summer.

Comment

Yep. I played baseball in Porter/ New Caney cuz it was closer to the house. But had to go to Conroe schools because of the district.

Comment

Yep. I played baseball in Porter/ New Caney cuz it was closer to the house. But had to go to Conroe schools because of the district.
                  Porter Lane. Right side went to Conroe and left side went to New Caney. You were sooooooo close.

Comment

Jimmy elrod, bobby McLemore, Larry pummel, Sherman Loomis, Jimmy verron, Michael verron, Sean larue, AJ downs, Kenny knight, bj Watson, Jason cryer, Craig little, Doug Springer, too many to list. Went to Dixie state tournament a few times with some of them

Comment

Jimmy elrod, bobby McLemore, Larry pummel, Sherman Loomis, Jimmy verron, Michael verron, Sean larue, AJ downs, Kenny knight, bj Watson, Jason cryer, Craig little, Doug Springer, too many to list. Went to Dixie state tournament a few times with some of them
                      I know almost all of them. Either from school or the ball park. AJ went to Conroe, but we played ball together. Bobby McLemore's mom Kathy cut my hair and we played ball together. Jimmy and Mike I've known forever and Jimmy lives down the street from me. Cryer, Springer, Pummel and Elrod all went to NC. We knew all the same people.

Comment

Yessir. Sean's younger brother jason Larue play ball with my little brother Clint. He ended up being a catcher for the Cincinnati Reds. Hell of a player. Their dad was an Umpire in our league at the Oakley Park.

cool thing was I ended up pitching at Conroe High School against New Caney a couple times and got to see all my old Buddies. Good memories.
                        Last edited by Chew; 10-22-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Comment

Such a good movie and soundtrack. John Farnham has some great songs on it. I picked it up a year or two off eBay

Comment

I had a redline proline with the flight cranks, raced once at armadillo downs. Bmx bikes rock!

Comment

We used to go all over with my bro racing. He ran a mongoose most the time. I had a kuwahara but was never into as much as him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X