Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Abilene Bowhunters on April 17 & 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Abilene Bowhunters on April 17 & 18

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail is headed to the "Big Country" !!!

Abilene Bowhunters is hosting our next North region ASA Qualifier this weekend April 17 & 18 at Abilene's beautiful range in Buffalo Gap, Texas.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (North region) will be based on your 6 best qualifier scores out of the 9 North Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding SOY buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes (not eagles) for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Abilene has a long history of hosting major archery events. The terrain at Abilene can produce some very challenging shots. There are many ravines, ditches and small mountains to shoot thru, across and over. The cedars and oaks create a lot of shadows to make it really interesting. You don't want to miss this one !!!!

There is also going to be an LSBA shoot on the same property this weekend. There will be separate courses, separate registration and separate awards. This will be a great chance to experience the format of the two organizations at one location.

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

Sunday

Comment

Jimmy's in for Sunday.

Who else is coming to Abilene ????

Comment

If the cowtown club shoot is this Saturday like I was thinking then Hunter and I will be shooting Sunday! If not we will be there Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
          If the cowtown club shoot is this Saturday like I was thinking then Hunter and I will be shooting Sunday! If not we will be there Saturday.
          Mike and Hunter are in.

We will see ya'll there !!!!

Comment

Jayde & I will be there Sunday!

Comment

Brett and Jayde for Sunday....keep em coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                Jayde & I will be there Sunday!
                Brett

When you leaving for the shoot??

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                  Brett

When you leaving for the shoot??

Chris
                  IDK , Brenda Scherts wants to go to so maybe what ever everyone wants to do

Comment

I will be there on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                      IDK , Brenda Scherts wants to go to so maybe what ever everyone wants to do
                      I'll give you a call a little later tonight. Got to get the yard mowed.

Comment

See y'all Sunday!!!!!

We need more trad shooters for the 7:30 start time. where is Todd, Gene, Josh, and the rest of TBH trad shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbotx View Post
                          I will be there on Sunday
                          We got Jimmy and crew down for Sunday.

Comment

see ya Saturday!!!

Comment

We have a crew from San Angelo coming...looks like it will be on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X