The end of my trophy whitetail hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of my trophy whitetail hunting.

I met Jeremy (STGS) through TBH, a few years ago, when he contacted me about doing a horn mount for some whitetail sheds that he picked up on his ranch. Since then, we've developed what I can only describe as a love/hate relationship that only brothers could have.

Until I'd met Jeremy my personal best deer was around 130. His management deer were bigger than that, so we tried for a few year to get me out there to shoot one, with no success in terms of scheduling.

He did come through for me, and hooked me up with one of his friends, where I shot a 170"+ deer that wasn't supposed to be over 160.

In the next years I shot a few management deer at Jeremy's ranch, as well as two more 170s, that again weren't supposed to be that big.

Every year, Jeremy teases me with pictures, and occasionally asks me if I'm interested in a particular deer. He always keeps me guessing, and I never know what he'll throw at me. This year he offered this buck.

Absolutely a beautiful beast!!!! Let that arrow fly!!![emoji457]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not clear on your title Kevin?[emoji848]

Comment

Out with the story Kevin! Why would you stop?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Not clear on your title Kevin?[emoji848]

Wait for it, it's coming.

Comment

Title is accurate... It's because he will be so busy with Taxi work from now until he's too old to hunt making enough money to pay off the fee for shootin' that sucker!! He won't have time to hunt... Maybe son Conner can take up the family tradition...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Title is accurate... It's because he will be so busy with Taxi work from now until he's too old to hunt making enough money to pay off the fee for shootin' that sucker!! He won't have time to hunt... Maybe son Conner can take up the family tradition...
              Charlie you got me [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]!!!!

Comment

He said he expected him to finish in the high 190s ... bigger than any deer I'd killed, and he was a creature of habit and loved one feeder. It wasn't set up for bow hunting, but he'd get it there by the time Andy and I got there.

Sign me up!

It's feast or famine in my business, and we're in feast mode right now. As usual, time quickly slipped away and a month before I'm scrambling up to Andy's house to get help tuning my bow because it's shooting like crap. We get it fixed, pretty much, and I shoot a little every chance I get, and I feel like I'm back in the groove. This will be the biggest shot of my life and I don't want to screw it up. And if we have to call in a dog, I will NEVER hear the end of it from Jeremy!

Andy picks me up Thursday night and we head west. I wish I could have slept because he drives worse than a teenage girl addicted to Instagram. We finally pulled up to the house about midnight, unloaded, had a drink, and hit the sack.

4.30 came mighty quick, but I don't think either one of us was sleeping well anyway.

Jeremy and I head to the far end of this part of the ranch. He parks well out of the hunting area and briefs me on the hunt and stresses no talking once were out of the truck. I almost peed myself when the door closing sequence made his truck honk twice! [emoji16]

He got me settled into the comfy Krivoman and then spread 50 pounds of corn between me and the feeder, out to a perfect 20 yards.

This is where the good stuff stopped! Not a single deer came in! I've hunted this ranch several times and have never seen anything like this. Ever!

Andy smoked his deer that morning and I was overjoyed for him, but was really bummed that I hadn't even seen a deer.

That afternoon Andy and Jeremy farted around while Jason (Jeremy's brother) went back to the same stand. Jason saw my deer from the tower blind he was in, but he never came anywhere close to the bow set. Another bust!

Saturday morning Andy and Jeremy slept in. Jason and I were back at the same spot. No corn had been touched so I scooped it all out of the feeder tray, and into a bag before I got into the blind. All the hand corn was still there too.

I did see a secondary target, that gave me plenty of perfect shot opportunities, but Jason red lighted me telling me that we were there to shoot big deer first, trash deer second! How tempting is this when your release finger is itchy?

Comment

Is there an ending to this story?

Ahhhhh...I see now^^^

Comment

I need better friends!!!

Comment

F5 f5 f5....

Comment

and

Comment

Spill the beans! This is taking to dang long! You're killin' us!

Comment

You type too slow...

Comment

The END

Comment

Working...
                              X