Gun control....Your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun control....Your thoughts?

Maybe I don’t watch enough TV or follow the stories closer, but this Florida school shooting has me doing some deep thinking (at least 5 minutes worth).

First, let me say that I believe in the right to bear arms, own guns, and defend oneself. I don’t believe guns are the issue here. But these children are crying out for change. There is a moral degradation of our society that cannot be dismissed. To that, what can be done to protect our children? At home, thats me. But out in the real world, there has got to be change.

I am simply asking this. Is there a real answer to this issue?
    Last edited by ON THE EDGE; 02-23-2018, 03:51 AM.

Elimination of the “me” society we’ve built through the internet and social media. These mass shooters all have had mental issues, but the access to guns has been around forever. So what’s new? Our culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ON THE EDGE View Post
      Maybe I don’t watch enough TV or follow the stories closer, but this Florida school shooting has me doing some deep thinking (at least 5 minutes worth).

First, let me say that I believe in the right to bear arms, own guns, and defend oneself. I don’t believe guns are the issue here. But these children are crying out for change. There is a moral degradation of our society that cannot be dismissed. To that, what can be done to protect our children? At home, thats me. But out in the real world, there has got to be change.

I am simply asking this. Is there a real answer to this issue?
      If only the were just any one answer.

Lots discussed here
      Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.

Comment

Most of these kids that shoot up these schools do have a mental issue. Most of us have told our kids not to start a fight but don't back down either. Most of the shooters have been bullyed and were fighting back, but just with a gun. These kids need help before they get to that point. Everyone has a breaking point and thses kids have been pushed to their limits.
        It is not the gun, it's the shooter!

Comment

The children need the proper education, gun control is not the answer. We have a people problem, not a gun problem.

Basic respect for life is apparently not being bestowed to these younger kids. Parental problem? Society problem?

Lots of possible issues, but it’s obvious to me we aren’t educating our young well enough

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
            Most of these kids that shoot up these schools do have a mental issue. Most of us have told our kids not to start a fight but don't back down either. Most of the shooters have been bullyed and were fighting back, but just with a gun. These kids need help before they get to that point. Everyone has a breaking point and thses kids have been pushed to their limits.
            It is not the gun, it's the shooter!
            Very well stated.

Comment

The kids today have become immune to death will all the video games they play, all the music videos that sensationalize death and destruction along with the Hollywood snowflakes and their movies. None of these kids are taught that there are any consequences to their actions, no discipline in schools or at home for the most part. As teachers anywhere, our hands are tied with what we can do with kids and their behaviors. I work with 14 emotionally disturbed kids right now and NONE of them need access to any type of weapon as ELEMENTARY kids much less getting older. With all the HIPPA laws on the books, that is part of the reason these kids and others end up like Columbine, Sandy Hook and Florida.
              BUT, how many adults knew about the problems with these kids in those 3 settings and did nothing about their behaviors and look at the consequences. In each one, adults could have stopped the carnage or at least maybe alerted someone to the possibility of what could happen, but they did not. They are just as much at fault as the shooters.
              Every door in a school needs to be locked, one entrance only, windows need to be secured so no one can smash and enter, and a fully armed individual needs to be at the one door that will be opened when someone needs to enter, but knowing that when they do, they will be facing someone trained to take them out if needed AND train and arm a few teachers throughout the school! Guns are not the problem, society is and the snowflake attitude and no one taking accountability for their actions today as is the PC culture we have.

Comment

Guards at schools. Let our kids have the same protection as our banks and such.

Comment

First of all you can stop listening to children. They have no real world experience and now the only thing they have to go by is this horrible act of one crazy psycho along with CNN hand picking them out of the groups and telling them what to say. It’s not a gun issue at all. We can only prepare ourselves to KILL these psychos in the moment of truth. Sure I see that there is an accessibility issue that we are far from controlling so the only option is kill or be killed. Be prepared. Teach your kids the value of self preservation. These heavily guarded politicians and movie stars are the biggest Hippocrates in the world. The fact of all of this is is that the world is not a better place. There is more evil today than ever. It is fueled by the internet and so much more publicized by social media and left wing media. Drug cartels, terroriats, MS-13, Democrats, mentally ill, other country’s that hate us, sharia law supporters, etc.etc. Just think of what would happen if we were suddenly disarmed or had our most affective defenses taken away from us. Believe me, I have three daughters and my heart bleeds for the children and parents of all these school shootings along with the other numerous types of mass shootings. Up to date nothing has been done about it. The only thing that can be done is bare arms against the potential threats. Not make it easier on them to access the victims. No more gun free zones. No more schools with 18 points of entrance. Criminals are opportunistic cowards that will exploit any chance that they have to take, steal and or kill without the chance of being hurt on their side. The mentally deranged are most likely expecting to be killed in the act of what they are attempting to do so my opinion is that we should ablige them as fast as possible. Just my 2 cents. Laws are useless against people who would not abide by them anyway. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

Comment

The Second Amendment is Our First Freedom...end of story!

Comment

Personally it seems to be a battle that can not be won in my opinion. Today’s culture in kids up to 40-50 year olds is so different than it seemed to be 40-50 years ago there’s no turning back. Social media, bullying, music, violent video games, parenting, and mental health have all built up a massive weight on people that they snap.
                      As a result the tools they use to fight back are to blame.

I’d be fine with raising the age to 21 for AR’s and another step in the nic’s process that offers a deeper look into ones mental health and past history if it takes 5-10 more minutes at the gun counter. What would that step be? I have no idea?

Unfortunately until the anti’s realize it’s a culture issue and not the guns the issue will never be resolved.

Edit: Also agree with raising the age for Tobacco products and voting rights to 21. If an 18 year old “kid” cannot figure out when the proper and right time to use a rifle is then I have no faith in that “kid” to know how exactly every level of our electoral process works and how important that right is along with the sever health effects tobacco can have.
                      Last edited by 150class; 02-23-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Our country and our schools are getting away from god and prayer, we are seeing the results.

Comment

I believe the problem is we do not teach our kids rejection and failing are a part of every day life. We give them participation trophies for coming in last. Don't hurt little Johnny's feelings. The family as a whole is foreign to lots of kids. And so is the church and God.

Comment

It is NOT guns. It is society. Just look around and see how horribly messed up it is. Anti gunners just hate guns & will do everything to disarm gun owners. NOTHING will EVER appease them ,but TOTAL confiscation. NOTHING!

Comment

There are a lot of problems today that did not exist before fast food.

Comment

Working...
                              X