Opinions Needed - Jeep Grand Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Needed - Jeep Grand Cherokee

I can get a really nice used Grand Cherokee in my price range. Looking at the 2015 or 2016 4x4, v6 limited under 70000 miles. I currently have a ford escape and it does everything i need for work and short trips hunting and it fits my bicycle and my dog at the same time which was a requirement at the time. My good buddy has had a really nice Explorer in that year range and went back to the Grand Cherokee cause he has had them in the past and just loves them.

Any of you all had them and liked them alot or would never get one again?

Opinions of the green screen!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd go GC before anything else, Trailhawk. I take mine all over the mountains here and she loves it . Our Commander has been great as well, wish they still made them.

Comment

I'm a Ford guy, for perspective. We looked hard at the Explorer and Jeep Grand Cherokee for my wife. Decided on the Jeep GC Limited with the 3.6 v6 and 4wd. The only thing better about the Explorer over the GC is a 3rd row and better storage. The Jeep GC has been the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven on long trips (Drove 19 hours straight one time to CO and never was sore). Fuel mileage is decent. 4wd system is impeccable (Its a Jeep!).

Comment

I drive a 2014 Grand Cherokee 4x4 diesel. Now with 125,000 miles. It has been a great vehicle. It is my primary daily driver. Also the car that I take to the lease. The past two years the 4x4 has been a life saver given all of the rain that has fallen around Haskell. Full time 4x4 works like a champ. Mine has the air suspension so when I am off road I can raise the thing up and clear most anything.

I sometimes flat tow my Wrangler with the Cherokee to the lease when I want to get really muddy. Cherokee tows it well. It's not a Wrangler, but like said above it's a Jeep! I'm keeping mine.

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
          I drive a 2014 Grand Cherokee 4x4 diesel. Now with 125,000 miles. It has been a great vehicle. It is my primary daily driver. Also the car that I take to the lease. The past two years the 4x4 has been a life saver given all of the rain that has fallen around Haskell. Full time 4x4 works like a champ. Mine has the air suspension so when I am off road I can raise the thing up and clear most anything.

I sometimes flat tow my Wrangler with the Cherokee to the lease when I want to get really muddy. Cherokee tows it well. It's not a Wrangler, but like said above it's a Jeep! I'm keeping mine.
          Man.. that's awesome! This set up sounds like exactly what im looking for. I've researched the air suspension a good bit too.. it's called quadra-lift i believe. How do you like the diesel vs gas engine in them? Did you go diesel for the towing ability or longevity?

Comment

They are awesome. My wife had a v6 Overland until she got Tboned by a guy running a red light. Super smooth quiet and comfortable.

I looked really hard at buying a v8 4x4 this summer, but ended up going with a Suburban. The biggest reason I chose Suburban was just because it was a little cheaper, had more room, and was easier to lift and mod. Not a ton of aftermarket for the newest GC yet. And it is a pain if you get the air ride models and want to mod.

My friend who is a GM at a jeep dealership did warn me about purchasing a used diesel. Said some of them have had some bugs and he would not recommend buying out of warranty yet. Wait until they have them worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              They are awesome. My wife had a v6 Overland until she got Tboned by a guy running a red light. Super smooth quiet and comfortable.

I looked really hard at buying a v8 4x4 this summer, but ended up going with a Suburban. The biggest reason I chose Suburban was just because it was a little cheaper, had more room, and was easier to lift and mod. Not a ton of aftermarket for the newest GC yet. And it is a pain if you get the air ride models and want to mod.

My friend who is a GM at a jeep dealership did warn me about purchasing a used diesel. Said some of them have had some bugs and he would not recommend buying out of warranty yet. Wait until they have them worked out.
              Man.. i appreciate that advice! I probably wont do any mods since it will be my daily driver but the air suspension would be awesome getting into our ranch on 45 minutes of dirt roads

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                Man.. i appreciate that advice! I probably wont do any mods since it will be my daily driver but the air suspension would be awesome getting into our ranch on 45 minutes of dirt roads

The air suspension is amazing! But i wanted to lift and run 33/12.50!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

The air suspension is amazing! But i wanted to lift and run 33/12.50!

Aww that makes sense.. you'd definitely have to make some tweaks for those to ride without rubbing

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                    Aww that makes sense.. you'd definitely have to make some tweaks for those to ride without rubbing

Yep. Did research for about a month. Decided it would be out of my budget and skill set to lift and set it up how i wanted.

The burb has lift ,tune, intake, exhaust, tint, tires already. And I've only had it since august. I can't leave my toys alone.

Comment

Yep. Did research for about a month. Decided it would be out of my budget and skill set to lift and set it up how i wanted.

The burb has lift ,tune, intake, exhaust, tint, tires already. And I've only had it since august. I can't leave my toys alone.

Haha! Nice werk! I have my offroad truck for all that.. it's still a work in progress but coming along. I have a build thread here i'l update pretty soon

Comment

Working...
                      X