Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot them with a BB gun.

Comment

I have a slingshot wrist rocket in my stand I use for cows or what ever bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
        Shoot them with a BB gun.
        best idea yet, if I had've been there. Will carry it with me next trip.

Comment

Two of my neighbors have those dogs watching their goats
          Much rather have them in my pasture than the coyotes they are bred to protect livestock from

Hard to believe they live 24/7 in the pasture with the hosts, but it’s true.

Comment

I used to have the neighbors dog come over. I tried the wrist rocket, but it wasn't strong enough. BB gun does the job

Comment

What dogs?

Comment

I’ve had this happen before. I will definitely try the BB gun!!

Comment

Originally posted by TSUBryanG View Post
                  My landowner said he doesn’t know of anyone running sheep or goats anywhere near us. I haven’t seen them since so maybe they found what they were looking for

Just curious, where are you hunting? I had two dogs on my lease last year that looked exactly like these two.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                    Just curious, where are you hunting? I had two dogs on my lease last year that looked exactly like these two.

I’m in Llano, TX. Just north on hwy71

Comment

Interesting. We are in Vanderpool/Hunt which would be a haul for those dogs but we found out they roam and kill coyotes. We were told They protect the family goats/sheep and roam for miles a day. We told them to keep them off our property or else. Haven’t seen them since.

Comment

Pyrenees are not really known to chase deer but they are hell on coyotes and they do roam quite a bit.

In Texas, you cannot shoot a dog just for being on your property.
                        You cannot even shoot a dog for chasing deer on your property. It is considered felony animal cruelty.

Just a reminder for all the TBHers that like shooting dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Pyrenees are not really known to chase deer but they are hell on coyotes and they do roam quite a bit.

You cannot even shoot a dog for chasing deer on your property. It is considered felony animal cruelty.

yeah, well .... ok!

Comment

Just because a dog shows up on your camera once or twice in a blue moon is no reason for concern. Dogs do move around and have seen em travel pretty far distances whenever dumped, etc.

I really wouldn't worry about it until it became a real problem. Usually, you can tell the difference between a feral dog and somebody's pet. Those don't look feral.

In general, I don't consider dogs wildlife so I wouldn't just resort to varmint control methods on the outset (like I might a yote, etc.) I'd try and chase em off first. Especially if I am leasing property. I mean, I couldn't shoot the cows because they were ruining my hunts, I wouldn't presume I could shoot somebody's pet. It is a LO issue, not mine.

Yeah, I think that is what the 2nd and 3rd "S" in SSS are for.

Comment

If they are chasing your livestock you can!!

Comment

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X