Receiver hitch rack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    i bought one from cabelas for like 60 bucks. and my only complaint is the wobble. im always worried about it breaking when i have important stuff on it. like deer! how much did that cost you for all the metal? i may have to junk mine and have one built like that.
    If you bungie cord the ends to your bumper, does it eliminate the wobble?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I looked, but I can't find the cut sheet (I cut all that at work). I'll see it, and could measure it tonight.
      Cool. I'm headed to the gym then back here to start cutting and welding. I already have the 2 in stuff done. I did 32 like you thought on the length.

Comment

Good job

Comment

Looks good. I need to build one too. I hate hauling the trailer just for the generator.

Comment

Top for Ben.

Comment

Love me a good Moser build ... even if it's a few years old.

As for the LP issue. Since you can basically have a LP that is any color of the rainbow now, I bet you could just have another one made, with your same digits, and leave it on the back of your hauler permanently, so you'd never have to worry about it.

Comment

If anyone’s interested, apparently you can purchase a spare or “replacement” license plate for $6 plus a $.50 fee. Seems very reasonable for appeasing the PoPo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald S View Post
                  Nice rack!

Speaking of DOT regs regarding Hitch Hauls. I got a ticket on my way back from Eagle Pass a few years ago because my ice chest was hiding my plate. The trooper told me I had to move the plate to the back of the hitch hauler. He was a real ***** though, just looking for an excuse to pull me over.
                  Been pulled over like that too
                  Super nice guy and got a warning.
                  Now I simply zip tie my plate to the back.

Very nice job.

BP

Comment

For all the guys who are worried about the "wobble" the best way to get rid of it is to use a solid piece of 2" tube and use a threaded receiver bolt. Obviously this will add a lot of weight to the basket.

This is the secret behind the pakmule.com hitch basket.

The pakmule is a really well built hitch basket and lightweight.

Yes it is pricey, but you get what you pay for especially if you don't build it for yourself.

Comment

Nice looking rack bud .

Comment

Troopers love to write out dem greenstamps for anything they can. Press hard 3 copies boy. Cool hitch hauler. Need you to pile some hogs on it now.

Comment

Impatiently waiting another Moser build

Comment

Originally posted by stevesflyshop View Post
                            I got pulled over by a Nebraska State Patrolman for having my license plate obstructed - by my trailer ball! I guess he couldn't see the bottom of the number 6! They are looking for any excuse to pull a vehicle over and with a setup like yours, loaded down with coolers, most of the troopers I know would be drooling to pull your drunk butt over (in their minds anyway you are obviously drinking and driving). I'd make sure your license plate is visible. Just my .02 and of course, my experience with State Troopers is limited to Nebraska.

Just so you know a trailer hitch is an exception to the TX transportation code law in regards to obscured license plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Who said beer?
                              Natural light?? That ain't real beer!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X