No announcement yet.

California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a fan of the monetary bail system, but replacing it with a system where it's left solely up to the judges discretion? Not really better.

Comment

How many trillions is California in debt?

They couldnt afford to keep them locked up, they are more worried about banning straws, so now they have an honor system, for criminals.

Comment

Prison system could definitely use an overhaul ...

Comment

I used to be proud when I told people I was born in CA. Now I don't tell anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
            I used to be proud when I told people I was born in CA. Now I don't tell anyone.
            You just told millions.

Comment

Kalifornica has 727 inmates on death row because of Moonbeam. More than double the number that Texas has. Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. $65.43 million a year more to house these vermin.
              The overall real cost for Kali prisons will be in the 10's of billions especially with all the illegals in the system. They just trying to save a buck here and there. See the problem?
              Last edited by muzzlebrake; 08-31-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Kalifornica has 727 inmates on death row because of Moonbeam. More than double the number that Texas has. Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. $65.43 million a year more to house these vermin.
                The overall real cost for Kali prisons will be in the 10's of billions especially with all the illegals in the system. They just trying to save a buck here and there. See the problem?
                Seems to me theyd save a lot more bucks actually applying the death part of the penalty.

Comment

time to start limiting appeals to 2-3, after that your sentence is carried out within 6 months.

enough of this crap of living on death row for 20-30 yrs.

Comment

I worry about who is going to find all of the criminals who fail to appear at court. Under the current system you have bail bondsmen who provide the time and labor to go find these people and bring them to jail. Law enforcement is stretched thin as it is and now they will have to spend so much time hunting down more fugitives. Just think of how many warrants that are out there right now that LE doesn't have time to hunt down. That will become an even bigger problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cawnlu View Post
                      I worry about who is going to find all of the criminals who fail to appear at court. Under the current system you have bail bondsmen who provide the time and labor to go find these people and bring them to jail. Law enforcement is stretched thin as it is and now they will have to spend so much time hunting down more fugitives. Just think of how many warrants that are out there right now that LE doesn't have time to hunt down. That will become an even bigger problem.
                      I'm sure that's part of the plan, no accountability for criminals.

Comment

Working...
                      X