Adding Camo to boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Camo to boat

First time for me. Would you recommend vinyl wrap or stencil and paint?

Since everyone has looked as this thread and not replied I'll give my 2 cents. I'm assuming this boat will be a duck boat or a get in rough places kind of rig. My thinking is the paint is allot easier to touch up than a wrap. Plus with the paint you can get creative and do whatever you'd like. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their thoughts!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

La boat works in Louisiana does good jobs. Best ive seen, and personally have is timbercreek. I bought a full new rig and they do all the fab paint rigging etc. Theyre a custom boat manufacturer.

Comment

Thanks for the input. It will be a duck hunting and fishing boat. I had not thought of having to touch up vinyl. I will probably get some stencils and two different colors of paint to go onto the base coat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	paint_garvey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	24628889

Comment

For true life stencils, break off a branch of sturdy tree with or without leaves. And use it as a real stencil. I've seen this done before. You can use some tumble weeds, goatweed, all kinds of stuff.

If I camo any other boats, it will be to hide it from other hunters, not ducks. And make it to look like a log laying on the beach. Grass matts are cheap for duck blind material. And last a while if you dry them each time when done. There are also several youtube vids on how to make your own. I've used cane threaded in rabbit fencing cut in 4 foot sections too (2"x3"). Then stack the sections for transport. That will last a very long time, even after the leaves fall off. And the cane don't make a difference if it gets wet.

Comment

Had to build my own first boat. Got it titled and registered too. circa early 1980s. Trailer was home made too. I was a pretty poor boy at the time.

Name:	1st duckboat.jpg
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	24628894

Comment

That is very cool. I like it.

Comment

It's nothing compared to what I run today. This is my current 7th since that first. I've had larger and smaller before this one.

Comment

A lot of info on that link. At this point I have not decided if I am going to try and run 2 sonar units. I was going to put in stick steering and run just one unit. I see from the link you are running 3 tranducers. I might upgrade to 2 units. I currently have a helix 7 si gen 2.

Comment

Yes sir, 3 transducers. I'm not familiar with the 7. You will have to look in your menu and see if you can run two like that. The software for the 9, 10, and 12 is a bit different than the 7. I got a splitter that allows two transducers into one cable for now. And have my menu set up for it at the one 10SI at the present. I've actually have two 10SI gen1 units, one 10DI, and a 541 2D. And will have two SI on the console when I'm done along with the 541. With one on the front for DI on the troller. I plane to run one at left SI, and one at right SI at console off Both off one SI transducer (also have a spare SI transducer). I'll also be hadding another hub near the console to plug those into. That will be like having a 20" split screen . I've got another bird 541 2D I can use for depth when running speed with the high speed transducer. It will be off line of the other 3.

Comment

Oh! And Garmin Live Scope has me pretty excited too! I'll prob end up with enough screen on that lil boat that I wont be able to see the water with my own eyes.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-30-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Started the process of camo painting with stencil. My wife is liking the results.

Name:	20200917_151543.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	24629931

Comment

That's pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                            Started the process of camo painting with stencil. My wife is liking the results.
                            [ATTACH]1019658[/ATTACH]
                            Looking good!

Comment

Looks very good!

Comment

Working...
                              X