Need a Hog Backstrap Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Hog Backstrap Recipe

So I have been looking for a recipe for a hog back strap. Wife won’t eat peppers and onions (doesn’t mind if it’s cooked in it just but rules out stuffing it) and I don’t have a smoker.

I have close to 300lbs of wild pork im going to be turning into sausage. But saved the back straps to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pounded thin and pan fried in Bread crumbs is as good as it gets. Substitute pork backstrap cutlets for the turkey in the MeatEater turkey schnitzel recipe

Comment

Stir fry. Cut thin, tenderize it. Brown the strap with salt pepper onion and garlic. Then start some broccoli and cauliflower and mushroom in a deep skillet then add meat and some soy sauce and teriyaki sauce until veggies are to your liking. I did it with deer and it was great. I'm sure prom would be great aswell

Comment

kbobs

Comment

Crockpot pulled pork

Comment

As said above, chicken fry or schnitzel is pretty Bueno.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is done on pork tenderloins. Should work on grilled backstrap:

Grill and season as you would like. I prefer wood and charcoal. Remove when just done. rest for 10-15 minutes, slice and drizzle this on it. Garlic mashed potatoes and green beans will work as sides.

Port Wine Sauce
              2 1/2 cup port wine
              1 half Granny Smith apple, cut 1/2 inch dice
              4-5 mission figs, cut 1/2 inch diced
              1/2 oz of veal demi glaze (can be found in produce section of grocery store)
              2 tablespoons diced yellow onions
              a pinch of black pepper
              1/4 teaspoon of salt
              1/4 cup of unsalted butter

To make the sauce: Place all ingredients together in medium stock pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and continue cooking until the mixture has reduced at least 90%, almost a jelly-like consistency. Slowly add the unsalted butter and whisk until it is fully incorporated.

Comment

Cut the back strap into 1/4 inch wide pieces.

Beat the pieces with a coke bottle or meat mallet until thin.

Place pieces in milk and let sit for a few hours.

Mix a few eggs in a bowl.

Season some flour/breadcrumb mix.

Put the pieces of back strap into the egg wash.

Coat the pieces with the seasoned flower.

Drop into deep frier or cast iron skillet with grease in it.

Cook till golden brown and pull them.

Make mashed potatoes or home cut fries and a cream gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
                  Pounded thin and pan fried in Bread crumbs is as good as it gets. Substitute pork backstrap cutlets for the turkey in the MeatEater turkey schnitzel recipe

This,

But replace the breadcrumbs with a half and half mixture of saltine and ritz crackers finely crushed.

Comment

CFS is the money. I also make back bacon out of the loins if you have the patience to cure and smoke.

Comment

One of my favorite ways to cook loins is to cure them with 2.5% salt .25% cure#1 and black pepper under vac seal for 1 week. Take it out of vac seal dont wash and let it sit in your fridge overnight to form a pellicle. Then hot smoke to 155 degrees. Everyone who tries this can't get enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Filet it long ways and stuff it with mushrooms and breadcrumbs then tie it up. Cooks better and will be fairly tender. You can grill it or roast it in oven.

Comment

Think I’m gonna try this recipe tomorrow.

Have a feeling the apple Butter will give it a good flavor

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Filet it long ways and stuff it with mushrooms and breadcrumbs then tie it up. Cooks better and will be fairly tender. You can grill it or roast it in oven.
                            This is a great technique. For the stuffing, I like to use polenta, sauteed mushrooms and red bell peppers chopped up, and a little shredded cheese. If you don't have polenta handy, substitute wild rice. I lay strips of raw bacon crossways on a long sheet of foil then lay the fileted-out loin on top of the bacon lengthwise. Mix the stuffing ingredients together, place the mix on top of the loin, then close up the loin and wrap the bacon around it from top to bottom. Then I smoke it for awhile and finish in the oven. You could get the same result by charcoal grilling over indirect heat until the bacon is done. Sometimes I serve venison backstraps this way at Thanksgiving and it disappears long before the turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                              One of my favorite ways to cook loins is to cure them with 2.5% salt .25% cure#1 and black pepper under vac seal for 1 week. Take it out of vac seal dont wash and let it sit in your fridge overnight to form a pellicle. Then hot smoke to 155 degrees. Everyone who tries this can't get enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                              I will be for sure be giving this a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X