2018 F150 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 F150 issue

So I have had the truck into the dealership for almost 3 weeks now. The truck was having an issue where when the engine got hot (45mins+) of driving highway speeds the truck didn’t want to start again. Pull in get gas, and take off immediately again. I could turn the key off again and it would crank fine.

This was a very occasional issue. It took the dealership 2.5 weeks to reproduce the issue. And they tested the battery it’s testing 100% at cold and 50% at hot (AGM Battery).

Has anyone experienced issues like this in these trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2018 with 66k on it and no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
      So I have had the truck into the dealership for almost 3 weeks now. The truck was having an issue where when the engine got hot (45mins+) of driving highway speeds the truck didn’t want to start again. Pull in get gas, and take off immediately again. I could turn the key off again and it would crank fine.

This was a very occasional issue. It took the dealership 2.5 weeks to reproduce the issue. And they tested the battery it’s testing 100% at cold and 50% at hot (AGM Battery).

Has anyone experienced issues like this in these trucks?

Let me guess. 5.0?

Comment

When it does this is the anti theft light blinking on the dash panel? Only reason I ask is my 2009 is in the shop right now. Battery is good, starter is good, but will not even turn over and anti theft light is blinking.

On some ford f-150's there was a problem where the under hood fuse box was mounted on top of radiator and the fuse for fuel pump would get hot and melt, when it cooled off it would start.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
          Let me guess. 5.0?

Yes 5.0

Comment

2018 F150 issue

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
            When it does this is the anti theft light blinking on the dash panel? Only reason I ask is my 2009 is in the shop right now. Battery is good, starter is good, but will not even turn over and anti theft light is blinking.

On some ford f-150's there was a problem where the under hood fuse box was mounted on top of radiator and the fuse for fuel pump would get hot and melt, when it cooled off it would start.

I don’t believe these trucks have anti theft light (atleast I have never seen it). Also it will always crank immediately after trying it once.

Comment

2018 5.0 are plagued with issues. There’s a thread or two in here. I had one and couldn’t get rid of it quick enough. Would burn 1.5 quarts of oil in 1000 miles, idle pulley had to be replaced, steering rack had to be replaced, warped dash, transmission would slam when would crank truck in park and would slip in 3rd gear. All in about 12,000 miles. Wish you the best of luck on yours.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
                2018 5.0 are plagued with issues. There’s a thread or two in here. I had one and couldn’t get rid of it quick enough. Would burn 1.5 quarts of oil in 1000 miles, idle pulley had to be replaced, steering rack had to be replaced, warped dash, transmission would slam when would crank truck in park and would slip in 3rd gear. All in about 12,000 miles. Wish you the best of luck on yours.

Thanks... this is first issue I’ve had 55k miles. But a battery that’s only 2 years old seems odd to be doing this. My thinking is a battery getting hot should not drop power by 50%

Comment

I had a 2014 5.0 Ford that would have issues similar to yours. After several times I found the fuse to the fuel pump was half melted. I replaced it and never had the issue again.

Comment

Make sure and update this thread when they do get it figured out.

My 5.0 has been flawless for 36,000 miles...but that was after the engine was replaced with 846 miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                      Make sure and update this thread when they do get it figured out.

My 5.0 has been flawless for 36,000 miles...but that was after the engine was replaced with 846 miles on it

I’m going to get it back and replace the battery and go from there. See if I can replicate it.

Comment

2018 F150 4x4 XLT, 5.0- 48K miles and not one issue. ... now that I've said that ->!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X