Tugging at my heart and kids that are in need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tugging at my heart and kids that are in need

So i have been sitting on this idea for a while and after talking to a gentleman on here about donating some equipment its something im gonna rally to do. I was in academy the other day with my son and got him a bat, another little boy was wanting one and his dad told him they couldn't afford it and by the looks of em, i believe it. It kept me up all night. Im a pediatric nurse by trade and played baseball all through college so both things hit close to home. I have started collecting extra equipment from family and friends and am gonna set up a donation drive. I dont want this to be about asking for money becsuse not everyone has it,but someone alsways has an old bat or glove laying around. If u do, please pm or answer this and I will pick up or ship on MY dime to get it these kids hands and will post pics of donations. I appreciate yall listening and anything u got is appreciated as well. God bless.

aa

Comment

I'll check to see what I have layin around when I get home

Comment

Bow,

Great idea. Sometimes it takes simple things to show us how blessed we really are.

Comment

Where bouts are you?

Comment

in everywhere, lol, dfw area, half the time in waxahachie and the other in McKinney.

Comment

Great gesture!!!!

Comment

I'm in the DFW area and will look around to see what I can come up with to help.

Comment

Thanks guys. lets keep it up, already got stuff coming together.

Comment

PM me your mailing address. I have some things I'll send. I'll take care of the shipping too.
                    My wife & I have done different things over the years. Adopt a Soldier 3 years, Foster care for teens that "EVERYONE" had given up on. Proud to say they are all adults now (25 total) & almost all stay in touch in one way or another (they know we "did care"). We've paid anonymously for meals we knew the recipients had next to nothing. I just stopped & gave a beggar a $20 bill (not something I normally do). Not because his sign said vet , as I'm sure he gets "some type" aid but because he was out there & had TWO artificial legs below the knee. I'm not trying to blow my horn but just saying, ONE little act of kindness just might save a persons life or change it for the better. My wife & I "give" lots & in most cases anonymous & we are by no means rich.. She leaves in about 10 days on a mission trip to Guatemala (she's a Nurse) & it's one of her bucket list things.. So, say a prayer for her for us while I'm on here.. Thanks. PM me that addy as I do have some things you'll be able to use.. My big thing is archery/bowhunting & I give lots to kids in that area. I did a wounded warrior hog bowhunt 2 years ago at my expense & took a nam vet & a Afghanistan vet & we had a blast, one of my most rewarding things to me.. God Bless you & yours.. You didn't sleep because you were getting that "nudge" from the man upstairs. I am blessed as I & my 3 siblings were those poor kids growing up with only "mom" & not a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out as they say. The man upstairs saw that we had what was needed & now, all of us retired are "just" comfortable. I think that's why we do see life just a little different than many..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ahunter55 View Post
                      PM me your mailing address. I have some things I'll send. I'll take care of the shipping too.
                      My wife & I have done different things over the years. Adopt a Soldier 3 years, Foster care for teens that "EVERYONE" had given up on. Proud to say they are all adults now (25 total) & almost all stay in touch in one way or another (they know we "did care"). We've paid anonymously for meals we knew the recipients had next to nothing. I just stopped & gave a beggar a $20 bill (not something I normally do). Not because his sign said vet , as I'm sure he gets "some type" aid but because he was out there & had TWO artificial legs below the knee. I'm not trying to blow my horn but just saying, ONE little act of kindness just might save a persons life or change it for the better. My wife & I "give" lots & in most cases anonymous & we are by no means rich.. She leaves in about 10 days on a mission trip to Guatemala (she's a Nurse) & it's one of her bucket list things.. So, say a prayer for her for us while I'm on here.. Thanks. PM me that addy as I do have some things you'll be able to use.. My big thing is archery/bowhunting & I give lots to kids in that area. I did a wounded warrior hog bowhunt 2 years ago at my expense & took a nam vet & a Afghanistan vet & we had a blast, one of my most rewarding things to me.. God Bless you & yours.. You didn't sleep because you were getting that "nudge" from the man upstairs. I am blessed as I & my 3 siblings were those poor kids growing up with only "mom" & not a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out as they say. The man upstairs saw that we had what was needed & now, all of us retired are "just" comfortable. I think that's why we do see life just a little different than many..

this is amazing and the time is now. thanks for all that you do, ill pm my address. thanks and god bless

Comment

ttt

Comment

something that i have decided to add for kids is a players code contract, they may not be blessed with funds but they can start learning values.

It will read something along these lines

players code contract
                          I....... upon receiving this equipment will promise to always respect

my equipment
                          my teammates
                          the game
                          and myself
                          to hustle in and out of the field and play to the best of my abilities.

although all are not blessed financially and we are in the trophy for everything generation. All kids can gain from respect and no that all things are not free.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X