Green Peace Houston demonstration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Genuine contenders for Darwin Awards right there!
    Law enforcement and HCTRA should just clean up the bridge of their vehicles, etc. and leave them hanging there. Do not let any civilian traffic get near them. When they get tired of no food, water and circulation is starting to be cut off from hanging suspended like that and they climb out, throw the book at them... Or see how well they can swim and cut the ropes... that works too.
    I think you're on to something. Do a nail knot, cut them from the bridge, lower to police boat, and haul them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Greenpeace and PETA could actually probably accomplish a lot and be taken more serious if they were truly organizations comprised of smart, intellectual people. All GP will get out of this is exactly what they were each looking for that they are deprived of in the personal lives....attention. NOTHING about this demonstration will affect/change the flow of fossil fuels.
      Outcome doesn't matter, all they care about is attention and getting more donations

Comment

Hand out a few bats to passing ships and yell pinata party!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          Or, better yet, just don't shut down the ship channel... I am a firm believer that people shouldn't be protected from natural consequences of their actions and I'm sure that not too many folks on those foreign tankers care too much about spoiled American rich kids lol

I’m with ya let hang and business as usual.

Comment

you just have to hope that a rope or four breaks when they decide to haul them back up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              I’m with ya let hang and business as usual.
              Yup, why do we have to respond to them at all other than clearing the roads of any cars they might be blocking it with?

These "activists" thrive on attention, deprive them of that, do what we can to isolate them from effecting other people and let nature take its course

Comment

They are not going to endanger any law enforcement or rescuer lives trying to trying to get these idiots down. Just Let the ships roll through and I bet these @#@#@# get out of the way. I would love to take a **** on the rope, Hell I would drink a 6 pack so I could get several ropes. I drove past it around 11 am and the thought I kept thinking was to sit on the South bound side and tag them with a paintball gun. Its a dam shame that the cops cant do anything to get them down from there. What if there is a wreck and somebody dies because of this, will all of them get charged with murder?

Comment

I gotta say. I’m a fan of civil disobedience. It’s built into our system. But I’m also a believer in natural selection. Carry on normal operations and let the chips fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                    I bet that if you start cutting one rope the rest of those fools would shimmy up their ropes before you go to them.
                    I bet I could get most of'em with a hatchet before they got back up!

Comment

Get one of the ships wit a water cannon and hose them down. As soon as they start to dry off, hose them down again. Rinse repeat.

Comment

I'd need to poop as soon as I got situated in my spot. My gut knows when there's no way to get to a bathroom.

Comment

Cut the ropes. jmo

Comment

I thought this was a celebration thread. Then I realized they weren't hanging by their necks.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              I rolled coal past them this morning!������
                              You got caught!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                                Willing to bet their ropes are petroleum bi product SMH
                                Willing to bet everything they have on and used for this stunt is petroleum based.

Comment

Working...
                                X