Fishing Lake LBJ (Highland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Lake LBJ (Highland)

Going to be staying on LBJ in June. I will have 3 kids with me so I'm just wondering what to rig them up to fish for. We have a boat dock at the house so I figured cats and crappie should be good.

Anybody ever use a cast net on the lake to catch bait fish? Don't really feel like going to bait store every day for bait (but I will if it will get the kids catching fish).

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ton of shad minnows and perch on that lake along with plenty of game fish. Cast net off the dock or around any of the boat ramps should catch you some bait. If you have a seine and a helper even better. Could get plenty of big spot tails pretty quick.

Ton of green lights on the lake that are full of whites crappie and blacks. I caught a 32 pound yellow on a crankbait out there a few years ago in the lights so theres no telling what you will catch.

Comment

Thanks. I have 2 green lights that I will bring. Might have to buy a cast net.

Might be video worthy to watch me try and cast it.....

Comment

Daytime lake use is useless due to the shear volume of boats on the lake. Constant 3 ft waves from wake boats have ruined the lakes for all other users except at night. Plan on early morning or late night fishing.

I catch all my shad at night under bridge lights with cast nets.

Comment

Is the house/ dock on the llano or Colorado? Do you have a boat?
          There is a bait shop called Llanorado that does a great job of getting your own bait is an issue. If you have a boat, I would definitely recommend going out at night hopping from lit dock to lit dock by boat with the kids floating minnows/ bobbers under the lights. Should catch whites, crappie, or largemouth. Lots of good catfish action doing this also. During the day may be tuff to fish due to all the skifleas and wave boat traffick. Hope the helps some

Comment

Take a sack of range cubes and chum the dock. Make dough bait from bran flakes and big red. Carp and buffalo will keep the kids busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
              Is the house/ dock on the llano or Colorado? Do you have a boat?
              No boat....the house is pretty much where the two rivers meet.

Hopefully we can catch some fish. They have been a few times around the house but all catch and release.

Comment

Working...
              X