Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome good luck

Comment

Just pure Awesome. Best of luck to you sir.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
          Yep that’s Jonah. That guy is the hardest working outfitter I’ve ever met. No stone left unturned to get hunters on game. And, a stone cold killer with a bow. I was really impressed by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He's a freaking BEAST! All-Star!

Comment

awesome

Comment

In!! Can’t wait for the rest of this adventure!

Comment

Day 3-5 were pretty much repeats of themselves. The weather had turned uncooperative with cold windstorms blowing most of the nights.

Still not seeing any boars. Not even one. At this point, I’m starting to break. Between the 12-16 hour sits in cold, windy, rain and realizing that my dream hunt may actually be a bust, I was quickly losing motivation. Did a lot of praying. Even my guide was shocked by the weather pattern. I asked Jonah to move me and he said “you can stay and hunt as long as you want, but give that spot one more day, I know one has got to move through there at some point. They are checking sows for heat.” So I resolved to stick it out. We hunted every afternoon all the way through to late morning the next day. On day five we noticed that we kept hearing sticks break outside of camp while we were sleeping. Found this about 10 ft from the tent. My boot is a size 13.
                Also heard a cub and her sow fighting. Too dark to see on the video but I just had to record the sound. The sound has not been altered. https://youtu.be/DPZRac7-uGs

Comment

Wild stuff and excellent scenery.

Comment

Wow. That sound is like when the hunter becomes the hunted. Great write up

Comment

I concur with best thread of the year. Tagged for the rest of the story.

Comment

keep it rolling

Comment

in!

Comment

This has to be one of the best write ups I've seen in a long time! Looks amazing!!

Comment

Alaska brown bear archery hunt (pic heavy) recap

Kill day: On day 6 we head to the stand at 4pm. I was dragging because of lack of sleep, lack of boars, and bad weather. I just wanted to be done. At 6 pm a big bear rushes in acting completely different than what we had been seeing. He was digging his head into the sand where sows had been, rolling in it. Jim gives me the thumbs up, I attach the release, and prepare to draw. The bear catches movement and looks directly at me, he's facing me head on and I have no shot. I freeze. Just then, a sow appears out of no where deeper in the brush and he turns towards her and steps into the brush, I draw. Only his rear thigh is exposed in the shooting lane, he suddenly turns away from the sow and steps into the lane. As soon as his front shoulder clears the brush, I shoot. He roars, spins and disappears into very thick brush. Looked like I had poor penetration and I wondered if the Rage Trypan didn't fully deploy. I was worried sick that I had made a bad shot and wounded him. Jim was NOT excited about going into that thick stuff looking for a wounded 8' bear. (video of us tracking)

We have very little blood and decide to come back in the morning. I fretted the entire night over that shot, but I knew I had put that arrow where I wanted it.
                              Last edited by Rcole1310; 06-10-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Wow hearing that outside my tent would’ve definitely gotten my heart pumping. Very cool story so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X