No announcement yet.

15x Binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sigs seem to be good choice also. From the research I’ve done it doesn’t sound like I can go wrong in that price range. Sig, maven, Zeiss, Meopta..

Is anyone running the Leupold BX-5 15x16? Or have y’all compared them to the other high end binos?

I know leupold doesn’t have a reputation for having the best glass but from the few reviews I can find that aren’t sponsored by leupold they are on par with Meopta and maven.. now this is what I’m reading and my certainty not be true.

Only reason I ask is I can find them for $5-600 cheaper than anything else in that class.

I’m not opposed to spending the coin on the higher priced binos but if I can save that much and get the same glass why not?

Comment

I don't think you can go wrong, but I sure like my Mavens.

Comment

Looks like I might just hold off and get some swaros later on. Buy once cry once. Plus I have some gift cards to midway that I could put toward them.

Anyone know if midway ever has Swaro on sale? Or even one of their deals where you buy so much merch and they give you so much on a different gift card?

Comment

If you would consider Leupold, there is a crazy sale on them on Eurooptic right now. I came across it when I was scope shopping. Darn near half off on one model.

Just saw your "wait on swaro post above", so disregard!

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
            Looks like I might just hold off and get some swaros later on. Buy once cry once. Plus I have some gift cards to midway that I could put toward them.

Anyone know if midway ever has Swaro on sale? Or even one of their deals where you buy so much merch and they give you so much on a different gift card?
            Great idea. You will not be disappointed in them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
              If you would consider Leupold, there is a crazy sale on them on Eurooptic right now. I came across it when I was scope shopping. Darn near half off on one model.

Just saw your "wait on swaro post above", so disregard!
              I actually called euro yesterday on the leupold bx5. That price is really hard to beat!
              Figured the swaros will be a better buy in the long run and will defiantly hold their value better if I ever want to upgrade.

Comment

Anyone have Leicas in 15x

Comment

Originally posted by knapper View Post
                  Anyone have Leicas in 15x
                  I don’t have them but have used them in geovid‘a. Good binos

Comment

There isn’t much of a disadvantage for using Maven, Zeiss, lecia, etc over Swaro. While swaro is the class leader, it’s Not mind blowingly better. it’s like the final flight of a 100m race at a track meet, Seldom a huge margin of victory

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      There isn’t much of a disadvantage for using Maven, Zeiss, lecia, etc over Swaro. While swaro is the class leader, it’s Not mind blowingly better. it’s like the final flight of a 100m race at a track meet, Seldom a huge margin of victory
                      I would agree with you on that but if I can get the price to within a couple hundred of the others using gift cards why not go with the swaros.

I really liked the YouTube review of the Maven B5 15x56 vs Swaro 15x56 that a guy on Rockslide did. I just don’t know if maven will be around long term since they are a relatively new company.

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
                        I have a pair of vortex vulture 15x56 that I like alot, I’m really hard on them and have had no problems. . They are heavy though.

Same here. Great on the bench or in the blind. But pretty heavy to carry. I can free hand them some. Just depends on the distance and target as to seeing it clearly (edit: when free handing).

Mine were a replacement set sent by Vortex, for the 10x56 that got broke, that they don't make any more. I'd prefer the 10x56. But it was a choice of the 8x56 or the 15x56. And I've already got a set of light weight 10x42 Burris. So, blind binos it is.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-04-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                          Nobody ever remembers silver place.

Comment

I would agree with you on that but if I can get the price to within a couple hundred of the others using gift cards why not go with the swaros.

I really liked the YouTube review of the Maven B5 15x56 vs Swaro 15x56 that a guy on Rockslide did. I just don’t know if maven will be around long term since they are a relatively new company.
                            If you can find a good used Swaro SLC HD For sure!!!

Also Maven isn’t going anywhere. They are pretty smart ran company, which a great price point value. They are about to release a new scope also

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              Nobody ever remembers silver place.
                              Ya I heard all the others: Zeiss, Leica, Maven, Meopta, etc are closing their doors....

Comment

Working...
                              X