15x Binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x Binos

Looking for opinions on 15 power binos. I’ll be using them to spot and size deer at farther ranges.

Don’t really want to spend Swaro money if I don’t HAVE to. Right now I’m looking at the Meopta meostar 15x56 and the Maven B5 15x56.

Anyone have any experience with either? I’m open to other brands also.

I’m a huge Maven fan. Own three pairs.

While their 15x Is great it is over shined by the Zeiss conquest HD IMO

One of the rare instances, they don’t win out in a price point category.

With that said both are on the optically higher end

Comment

Can you use them freehand at that magnification?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey Head View Post
        No.

Comment

I have a pair of vortex vulture 15x56 that I like alot, I’m really hard on them and have had no problems. . They are heavy though.

Comment

I endorse the Swaros. I love my 15x56’s

Comment

Love me some 15s.. I have the B1's and no complaints.. I barely ever take a spotting scope anymore since I got 15x binoculars even though the weight is greater

Comment

15x Binos

I’ve been using the Zeiss Conquest HD 15’s for 4 years. They are good quality. Heavier than the Swaros but the glass is very good.

You can hold them stead to scan briefly, but for any real glassing you need a tripod for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With a hat brim and your elbows on your knees yes to a decent degree

it’s kind of a to a degree system. Free hand standing up, yes, but to a very small degree, the degree increases up to a tripod.

A good friend who is a western guide runs 15x Lecia Geo’s. He has mastered the non tripod but when we have to pick stuff apart he pulls out tripod.

Comment

Thanks. I’ll stay with the 10x for now.

Comment

I would recc. some 10x binos and save up for a spotter. 15x is just too much for hand held and you'll have to have a tripod for the best results glassing.

Really a hard choice and I under stand you're not probably wanting to buy a spotter too . Higher power will have the heat mirage pretty significantly, will you be ability to use them on hot days in the stand.
                      We run 10x Swaro binos and a spotter for far glassing. Larger field of view in the 10x as well.

Comment

As stated above, I recommend a good 10X bino and a 15-45x spotter. Use the binos to locate the animals, and then get on them with the spotter for verification. I have found a lot of times that when you try to get 1 item to do the job of 2 task specific items, it usually is just "ok" at both tasks. Binos are great for up close viewing and wide field of view at farther distances. Spotters are great and long range detail viewing. Use them as a set for optimal results.

Comment

15x are great happy medium for me. I don't want to carry a spotter and 10s are not enough for the country we are looking at. I'm running a tripod 100% of the time. Only way to go.

I had vortex kaibabs for years with no significant complaints. Finally found a good deal on some used swaros. I have 10s for texas deer and pig type hunting.

Comment

I've been using nothing but 15x swaros for 8 years now, both hunting in the mountains and bowhunting for whitetails. I've never had a problem holding them steady freehand for scanning or even looking at animals within 300 yards. I actually love them for looking at deer up close (as much as 20 yards).

For serious glassing to locate deer, you can't beat them on a tripod (for spotting 200 yards to 2 miles).

Comment

The sig 15s are another good option in the same price range you are looking at. They are very close to swarovskis and may even have the same glass as the meoptas. I like mine a lot so if you could find a good deal on some you wouldn't be disappointed.

Just for reference, I have a swaro spotter and I have played with a friend's swaro 15's a little in the field to compare.

Comment

Working...
                              X