No announcement yet.

Best thing for severe sunburn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrate, hot shower, aloe gel, all can help. The only thing that will truly make it better is time. You're just gonna have to endure some suck for a few days. I just got over a pretty good burn myself. You're gonna be shedding like a lizard in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
      Take motrin before you get out in the sun. That will prevent a sunburn.

How does that work?

Comment

Take aspirin after you get out of the sun, helps stop the burn. If you can find menthol shaving cream, it will take the burn away within hours. It's just hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          i was given some stuff called silvadine a few years back for a burn i got. it wasnt a sunburn, but was told it would work for sunburn.. and man did that stuff work miracles.

i hate sunburns. I would rather take a swift kick to the gonads than have a bad sunburn.
          Dang good stuff...what we use if we get a lil too close.

Comment

I took some ibuprofen and wrapped some stuff that's supposed to clean wounds along with some stuff that's supposed to help with burns. I don't know we'll see what happens. If this gauze sticks to my skin I'm gonna cry like a little girl when I go to take it off.

Comment

My wife got a horrific sunburn at a hunt test earlier this year. So bad they were talking about plastic surgery. They gave her silvadine also, and it worked. She's still scarred from the burn, but it took the pain away and helped heal it.

Comment

I'm telling ya, if any of the ladies in the house have noxzema laying around go find it...I was in your shoes a few years back & got the same advice here. It helps. Best relief was applying after the hot showers. Life saver.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  How does that work?

I was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                    How does that work?
                    Sunburn is an inflammatory process. NSAIDS counter inflammation.

Comment

I've seen a few posts about warm/hot shower and I did that once and it wasn't good. May have been my experience but I asked a dermatologist and they said not to do that. Just my experience though.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                        Take aspirin after you get out of the sun, helps stop the burn. If you can find menthol shaving cream, it will take the burn away within hours. It's just hard to find.

https://www.health.com/condition/ski...-cream-sunburn
                        Beat me to it

Comment

Since everyone has given you sound advice, my question is....... why did you do it again ?? As momma would say , Ain’t you learned nothin. Take care of yourself, skin cancer ain’t fun.

Comment

Got a spot on my forehead I'm gonna have to get checked out here soon from a sun burn a couple years ago that wasn't nearly that bad.

Comment

Lots of good advice on this thread.

However, I'll just say it. Sunscreen is a good idea anytime you are out in the sun for an extended period. Or wear long clothes and protect yourself. There's a reason you don't see construction workers wearing t-shirts and shorts working outside. Skin cancer is real and affects many more people than most want to believe. With the availability of all kinds of outdoor clothing today, there's really not much excuse to get burned like that.

Don't take it the wrong way, I've been there and done that myself as far as sun burns go. Looking back, I was just not thinking and a little foresight could have prevented a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                                Lots of good advice on this thread.

However, I'll just say it. Sunscreen is a good idea anytime you are out in the sun for an extended period. Or wear long clothes and protect yourself. There's a reason you don't see construction workers wearing t-shirts and shorts working outside. Skin cancer is real and affects many more people than most want to believe. With the availability of all kinds of outdoor clothing today, there's really not much excuse to get burned like that.

Don't take it the wrong way, I've been there and done that myself as far as sun burns go. Looking back, I was just not thinking and a little foresight could have prevented a lot.
                                Oh man sunscreen from here on out. I agree with ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X