Alert: Guns stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    How about a gun safe? I don't know anyone with multiple guns that doesn't have a safe.

I have a large gun safe. You may be able to breach it if you can get past the alarm and the dogs, but not if I'm home.
    We have a gun vault but it’s not in our house.

Our guns at home are on display, behind glass. They can’t be seen from the outside and are in a room of the house that we don’t open for people we don’t know. We will begin making calls on Tuesday to find someone who can retro fit the cases to make them more secure. Not sure what this will entail but I plan to keep them on display.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
      While the odds are ridiculously low that the remainder of your neighbors firearms will be recovered, it may be worth a shot (pun intended) to post what is still missing.
      Great idea. I’ll suggest this to him tomorrow.

Comment

I'd be getting a new dog as well.

Comment

They must live in a big house to not hear there dog barking and people sneaking around, all guns locked in a safe. Also 2 100 pound labs that bark at anything.I have all doors locked with door latches, plus gates to back yard both have paddle locks on them.

Comment

Sounds like they already made friends with the dog prior to evemt.

Comment

Where did this take place??? I’d kill that dog...

Comment

Sorry to hear

Where is this ? Central Tx in profile spans a lot of area.

I worry about this. All my neighbors know I hunt, a lot of clues with feeders, stands, 4 wheeler etc moving back and forth in driveway. I know they know when I'm gone to the lease when they see me load up the truck. Same with fishing excursions, truck gets loaded down a lot of times the night before.

Comment

Wow that scenario would be nerve rattling coming in your house while you are in the house. Those burglars had to be familiar with the house layout and the dog letting them off the hook like that sounds fishy. I am not questioning your story.

Comment

You’re the one that inserted the sex issue I this robbery. Makes me wonder where your mind is. ��

Comment

Sucks, plain and simple.

It’s a wake up call that firearms not ready to defend yourself and family should be in a safe, bolted to the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        You’re the one that inserted the sex issue I this robbery. Makes me wonder where your mind is. ��

True, and that the dog was either worthless or knew the people doing to robbing. Not sure if my dogs would keep barking, but when 3 come hauling butt out of our room I would know something was up.

Comment

Thats pretty alarming, those thieves where ready to loose their lives or take someone’s life. I grew up in the country, and we never locked the doors. My grandad always said If someone comes in at night, they will want back out way worse than they wanted in. I’m a pretty sound sleeper, so I lock the doors just so I know they are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                            They must live in a big house to not hear there dog barking and people sneaking around, all guns locked in a safe. Also 2 100 pound labs that bark at anything.I have all doors locked with door latches, plus gates to back yard both have paddle locks on them.
                            Years ago I worked as a cable TV lineman building and repairing systems and was in and out of peoples yards all day long. I rarely used the gates. It was too easy to simply hop the fence; even the old & rotten pine fences in Friendswood. I've been growled at by thousands of dogs, but usually they'll run away and stay quiet as soon as you lunge at them and throw your hands up. If that didn't work, a cheap treat or piece of jerky. The only time I ever got bit was by a weenie-dog on a chain while I was carrying a 28' extension ladder. Almost every Lab, Shepherd or Doberman just wanted to be petted and would go lay down or follow til I shooed them away.

Comment

Home or not, home intrusion is a lot more prevelent than most people think. Be prepared, be vigilant.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                                Sounds like they already made friends with the dog prior to evemt.

That was my first thought

Comment

Working...
                                X