Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    Ban the cast netting? Is that the problem the tilapia netting
    That would work but then the lake would get overran with the tilapia. Either way the lake is done for. The only thing that saved Fairfield is they shut down the power plant and the water cooled off, killing all the Tilapia. We went out there camping for Spring break and had some nice fishing. No cast netters.

I don't know if anyone here ever fish the summer schooling on Fayette back in the mid 90's but it was unreal. Schools the size of football field. 100 fish a day was the norm, 20lb+ sacks every day.
    I've caught bass in mid air; they would jump out of the water and catch your bait before it would even land. Most people don't believe me because it sounds so unreal.
    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 05-09-2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      I love these kind of post. But I'm not racist I have a black friend [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post
        I fish Fayette a LOT, as of recent I have seen a large increase in cast netting..

Just last week there was a boat with 2 guys with NO fishing equipment, tackle not even seats etc on their boat. They were traveling around the lake for at least 4 hours cast netting.

I more than once wished “the man” would catch them, it didn’t happen.

For the record they were Hispanic.

Before anyone goes all judgmental on me my fishing partner / best friend on the boat that day and every day is Hispanic. He was more upset at it than I was.

So, what are you saying...for the record?

If they were hispanic, would you have said, "for the record they were Caucasians?"

I was not being judgemental because I have a caucasion friend.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            I love these kind of post. But I'm not racist I have a black friend [emoji23][emoji23]

I believe he said his friend was a mexican guy.

Comment

Just have your truck wrapped with "ICE" logos and wear your "ICE" plate carrier. You'll have the lake to yourself.

On a side note, another lake in East Austin I fish has 2 boat ramps. Between althe 2 a large sign states park rules which includes NO FISHING from docks or boat ramps. Rolling in to ramp in the evenings and there will be 20 rods on the docks with lines everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I’m betting they are all “immigrants” too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Go watch some of these folks fishing at a jetty on the coast. Limits you say? They don’t need no stinkin’ limits. Minimum size limits? Pfffft. If they can catch it it’s dinner.
                I was fishing the rocks years ago in Galveston and the folks next to me were keeping everything they caught which was mostly undersized flounder. I asked them about it, telling him those fish were illegal to keep.....he looked at me and said Jungle Rules and kept filling his burlap sack he had in the water. I guess that was a Vietnamese stringer.

Comment

It doesn't matter where you go. Coast, lakes, wherever, you see the same behavior, from the same group of people. Keep everything and disregard the law. If caught, its a slap on the wrist. It would be "racist" to enforce the law and on top of that, they ain't gonna pay a ticket anyway so why bother? Catch a hardhead on the jetties and they'll be on you like flies. Trying to fish the shallows, here comes one netting right in front of you. Then they start that macho bs when you ask them to not crawl up on the same rock you're standing on, etc. After a while you quit fishing good bank spots just to not deal with the BS.
                  Last edited by jdg13; 05-09-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

must have ben good someone took the link down????

Comment

I just watched it. Still up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I believe he said his friend was a mexican guy.
                        Oh my bad[emoji23]

Comment

Its sad where I fish on the Brazos. Last year I found Modelo cans stacked mile high where I fish. Didn't take but a couple more visits to see the culprits. Modelo cans, shrimp bags, torn cast nets, other random junk. Just thrown about. No english and no care

Comment

i pretty much quit fishing because of these ding dongs.
                            there's just way too much pressure on the fish.

mostly only go deep sea fishing now and rarely at that.

Comment

Let me get this straight. Y’all have no problem naming the virus the Wuhan or Chinese flu, but a guy says they’re Hispanic and you crawl up his azz ? Merely designating someone’s color is not being racist. And haven’t I seen about a zillion posts on here saying “ Build the Wall “. Maybe I’m hallucinating........

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                Let me get this straight. Y’all have no problem naming the virus the Wuhan or Chinese flu, but a guy says they’re Hispanic and you crawl up his azz ? Merely designating someone’s color is not being racist. And haven’t I seen about a zillion posts on here saying “ Build the Wall “. Maybe I’m hallucinating........
                                No kidding. The racial/immigration status of the offenders had already been stated or implied by previous posters. It appears to me he was only continuing the thought, while also trying to make it clear he wasnt stating the fact based on prejudice, merely observation.

Comment

Working...
                                X