Registering a homemade trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering a homemade trailer

I’m in the process a building a small 4x8 trailer for a smoker and need to get it registered. I currently go to college at Texas Tech, so I live in Lubbock, but my driver’s license and vehicle registration, etc. is still at my parents’ address. Would I be able to register the trailer in Lubbock county or will I have to register it in the same county as my address on my DL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Very easy. Just go to where you pay your registration and tell them what you need

Comment

In case they inspect it....keep receipts for the materials and take pictures during the build. You may not need this but just in case.

Comment

Depends on the county. Most Counties have the tax office closed to the public right now. Call the county your are in the find out what they need. Might be easier in a small county.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          Depends on the county. Most Counties have the tax office closed to the public right now. Call the county your are in the find out what they need. Might be easier in a small county.
          This

The answer is going to differ between counties

Comment

Might have to run it across some scales.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Going to go ahead and run it across the scales at the coop just in case, plus I’m curious what it weighs myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out west they might not be but in Grayson and Collin counties they wont register a “home made” trailer without it being certified by the regional auto theft task force. Last one I did, I had to meet the detective, he looked it over and provided me the form to take back to the tax office.

Comment

Working...
                X