Bow sling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow sling

After carrying my bow around Granger yesterday while on an 8 mile hike looking for pigs, I decided my shoulders would love a bow sling. After Google searching paracord slings I decided to make my own. Looking for wide weaves I found the Belly Fishtail on www.paracordplanet.com. My goal was to make a 20" braid and finish the ends with loops to slip over bow cams. While the loops themselves worked well, I was afraid should the sling become slack for any reason I didn't want my expensive new bow to hit the ground. I added a spanner between the two loops with a carabiner on one end and an adjustable knot should I want to tighten or loosen the length.

The loops still slip off the cams with a little coaxing and would allow quick shot shot you need while walking.

I did not measure my ropes lengths not did I go by the length formula. Both pieces of paracord ended up 20 inches too short and I had to weld extra lengths on to finish by melting both ends and pushing them together. Overall I am pleased. Took about an hour to string up and braid 24 inches.
    Attached Files

On the next one I will put buckles on each end of the braid and buckles on cam loops.

This one I just used carabiner as a loop placeholder with a 24 inch piece of paracord ran inside to make the cam loops.

Comment

Came out great. Good job

Comment

How do you embed videos?

Comment

I removed the carabiner from spanner cord and tied it in as a fixed length.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X