Question about fishing Mountain Fork river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about fishing Mountain Fork river

I am headed there in the morning for the first time.

Once I get to Broken Bow where do I go from there, I have read head north on 259 but I am getting directions to go down hwy 70.

Are you going to the UPPER Mountain Fork or the LOWER Mountain Fork? If you are fishing the Upper then yes you go north on 259. Where will you put in? Are you canoeing or bank fishing? We usually go to Smithville and put in there and canoe down to the Narrows (I believe) but I don't know where you are going.

If you are fishing the lower part then you will be fishing the portion that comes out of the lake (trout waters). I am not as familiar with that part as I am the upper portion of the river.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Are you going to the UPPER Mountain Fork or the LOWER Mountain Fork? If you are fishing the Upper then yes you go north on 259. Where will you put in? Are you canoeing or bank fishing? We usually go to Smithville and put in there and canoe down to the Narrows (I believe) but I don't know where you are going.

If you are fishing the lower part then you will be fishing the portion that comes out of the lake (trout waters). I am not as familiar with that part as I am the upper portion of the river.
      Thanks for the reply. I am looking to catch trout so I guess I need to go to the lower part and I will.be fishing on the bank.

Comment

Head into beavers bend state park-depending on what type of fishing your doing will depend on where you can fish

Go to the park HQ they have maps and can direct you

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            Head into beavers bend state park-depending on what type of fishing your doing will depend on where you can fish

Go to the park HQ they have maps and can direct you
            Good deal. i did not know there is park HQ.

Good.looking fish, that is what I am wanting.

Comment

You planning on fly fishing-ultra light gear-gonna have kids-wanna bait fish?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                You planning on fly fishing-ultra light gear-gonna have kids-wanna bait fish?
                Fishing alone. i have no one to fish with me. I will be using light weight spinning reel.

Comment

Working...
                X