Streaming TV? No thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming TV? No thanks

been on Direct TV for years -frustrating at times trying to deal with their customer service but overall they deliver the TV shows I am interested in.

Wife and I go to VRBO places a number of times a year so if we are at a rental they always have smart tv's with streaming. Out of necessity I have learned to somewhat maneuver around.

My main complaint is how long it takes to go from one station/show to a different one. Way way to slow for me.

Other complaint is that many of the things I watch on DTV are there - golf, sports, outdoor, history, etc.

By my calculations if you end up with the same shows you want to see it cost about the same as cable - I don't get it

We were paying for internet anyways so it made sense for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We do a mix. We have the absolute cheapest of Direct TV packages and watch other things on the streaming channels, mostly old tv shows like The Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, etc.
      There’s very little of the current tv shows I want to watch.

Comment

I will stay with dish. Have tv at the lease, plus the parents use it also

Comment

We switched to streaming, would never go back to satellite tv. I can log onto the tv with my phone as a remote and do whatever I need. Once you figure it out you’ll like it.

Comment

Fdtv

Comment

Fdtv

Comment

I am all of the above.
                I have a digital antenna on the garage that picks up free local everything. {best picture ever - golf - baseball}
                We have Uverse, and I stream with a lot of different services. Disney and Hulu are going to start having ads about gun control and abortions. Dumped them...
                Today the Astros were on Peacock or nowhere. For $5.36 we watched the game on 3 tv's today...

Comment

We do DIRECTV stream. I like it and it works for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Living in the sticks with subpar internet sucks or I too would dump DIRECTV.
                    What I don’t understand is I can watch Netflix just fine, but if I try to stream tv through fubo or any other provider, it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      Living in the sticks with subpar internet sucks or I too would dump DIRECTV.
                      What I don’t understand is I can watch Netflix just fine, but if I try to stream tv through fubo or any other provider, it sucks.
                      Get Starlink and you won't have subpar internet.

Comment

We get 2x the Channels via innerwebs than directly TV ever thought about for half the money

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          Get Starlink and you won't have subpar internet.
                          I would love to, but it still shows not available till 23.
                          Which at one time it said early 22…

Comment

I just wish my kids were still around to get up and turn the dial for me, and spin the rabbit-ears.

Comment

Guys, don’t pay for TV

No need to pay for new Hollywood movies either.

“Fight da Powers that be”

I’ll have you boyz huntN Highway Medians yet !
                              Last edited by Voodoo; 08-07-2022, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X