No announcement yet.

Carter’s Country-New Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get it from their point of view, ( or the card issuers ) since these days somehow they would be to blame legally if a gun they sell is used in a crime. But it only shows how stupid everything has gotten. It should be none of their business whose card it is. Or who handed him the cash to buy it. In the end it in reality it is no different than if you had handed him cash to buy it before he left the house. My young adult kids use my cards all the time to get gas in my vehicles, groceries etc.

But then again, I realize Im the minority here, because I dont believe in background checks, form 4473 etc either. People who believe in liberty and the founders view of the Constitution arent too popular around here.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
      Well I guess I’m in the minority here because it’s my son and I don’t see anything wrong with him using my credit or debit card if I’m ok with it.
      You gots to look at the BIG PICTURE, sir.
      Take the son out of it and it makes great retail sense.

Comment

Well I guess I’m in the minority here because it’s my son and I don’t see anything wrong with him using my credit or debit card if I’m ok with it.

I understand your point but you have to consider the need for gun stores to stay in strict compliance with ATF regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          They're looking at is as a straw purchase more than likely. The form has a question that says...are you the actual purchaser of this firearm.

Sure it happens daily and I see both sides. But, you have to realize they have a business to run within the rules of the ATF.

I haven't been in a carter's in over 20 years and I'm good with that. Way better places to shop

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          I understand the questioning on who is the purchaser of the firearm. Me handing my wife cash did not change anything. It was clear that it was for her. She was asking all the questions and holding the firearm. That was the whole reason I took her to get the pistol instead of buying it myself and giving it to her. I told the guy that the money was for a bet that we made. I bet her she would not purchase a pistol.

Comment

Then go to the store and buy the firearm for him, in person. Bottom line, it’s not your risk to sell a firearm to someone using a credit card that doesn’t belong to them. Or, give your son cash if you can’t be there. I don’t have a problem with their policy at all and actually applaud it.

Comment

Good policy, great store. Besides, you need to be with him as you may see something you want!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                Stupid.

Just order him a card with his name on it

Three people have cards on my Amex that aren’t me.

I hope they all go buy me a gun today

This ^^^ is what I was gonna suggest. Just make him an authorized user and get him his own card.

I really don’t have a problem with the policy and wouldn’t quit a store over it. You can easily take care of the issue.

Comment

They weren't supposed to do it the first 2 times. Someone finally did there job.

Comment

Good policy IMO.

Comment

I get what you’re saying and I get how it’s frustrating, but honestly you got lucky before. Nobody is supposed to be able to use a card that’s not there’s.

I don’t agree with you considering to shop somewhere else because a gun store is stepping up their process to stop straw purchases, or a kid stealing daddy’s credit card and buying a gun.

I personally agree with the policy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good policy. I imagine if they gave an inch then these folks hear all kinds of stories and excuses to use a random card.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                          They weren't supposed to do it the first 2 times. Someone finally did there job.
                          Bingo

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good grief

Comment

Me and my son went to academy together the other day. He bought a pistol and I got some ammo. Told him to put it on his card and I would pay him. When we were checking out I went to hand him the cash. The guy said please wait to give him that outside. He said it doesn't look good buying the gun. No problem on my part.
                              Do I think it's stupid, yes, but it is the way it is nowadays. As far as Carter's, I quit shopping there years ago. Don't care for the way the people working there treat customers, at least at the Katy store.
                              Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-07-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

In the past my wife has done it were I’m making the purchase and just ask for her card at other places and they tell me that’s not allowed, it has to come from the purchaser the payment method especially a credit/ debit card with their name imo that’s an excellent policy. Can’t send your son to go buy you beer with your card and he is underage and say it’s for you straw purchase

Comment

Working...
                                X