Tac Vanes Won't Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tac Vanes Won't Stick

Heard good things about them but I can't get them to stick. I used the primer pen. Do you really need the tac glue?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I used them this year. Have the pen snd glue. They said to make sure the shaft is 100% clean. Rub with alcohol, dry, then fletch. The primer cant be applied longer than 5-10 seconds before glue.

I found the bond to be extremely strong, but i did use the Tac glue. Messed up on e and i couldn’t even get it off with pliers after about a minute of being glued. Had to cut with a knife to remove it.

Hope you can get it to stick. I was impressed with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
      Heard good things about them but I can't get them to stick. I used the primer pen. Do you really need the tac glue?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
      Been using TAC vanes for 2 years now. No issues but I use their glue and pen. I am sure there is a specific chemical bond needed between the 2

Comment

Try cleaning the shaft with finger nail polish the cheap stuff at the dollar general store you have to use the primer pen and I use the gorilla glue I have not had any problems with them not sticking.

Comment

Switch mine over to Tac Vanes last year. Used their primer pen and glue, didn't have any issues.

Comment

I use the primer pen and glue, sticks better than anything else I’ve seen.

Comment

I have used them with both the tac pen and tac glue and also the AAE glue. The Tac products were the best!! With the AAE glue you have to let them set up for a while. I have had the best result's using wraps.

Comment

I shoot TAC Vanes. I use their glue and pen and I will still have a vane that won't adhere as well every now and again. I get the same with the Bohning X3 vanes. I have just decided that is how it is for stiffer vanes. With say Q2I vanes I never have a problem and spend a lot less time fletching them than TAC Vanes.

Comment

I bought a dozen carbon shafts a couple months ago. I put wraps on each shaft. I have the TAC 2 3/4” veins and am using the TAC glue and Primer pen. When I tried fletching the first shaft, nothing was sticking. I called and spoke with the TAC dealer. He said that I have to wipe the wraps with alcohol before fletching. I wiped the wraps with alcohol and they stick great. Even if you’re not using wraps, probably a good idea to wipe the shafts with alcohol before fletching them.

FYI: Not long after finishing fletching the shafts mentioned above, I noticed a few of the veins were no longer straight. I ended up stripping, wraps and vanes, 9 out of the 12 because of this. I cleaned the shafts with carburetor cleaner and then with alcohol. I think I had gotten some primer on my fingers and the fletchings I touched caused them to wrinkle. I reflected the shafts with TAC veins and Used Fletch Tite Platinum glue. No problem at all.
                  Last edited by Pnut529; 11-10-2023, 01:31 AM. Reason: Primer pen and TAC Vanes problem.

Comment

Haven't used TAC vanes, but I've had a great experience using a wrap on my arrow and vanes sticking very well to that. Bohning vanes and wrap in my case. It might be the glue/primer is too old? Not sure if it expires like some other glues can do.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR View Post
                      I have used them with both the tac pen and tac glue and also the AAE glue. The Tac products were the best!! With the AAE glue you have to let them set up for a while. I have had the best result's using wraps.
                      I have wraps and when I tried to start fletching my shafts with TAC veins, TAC glue and primer pen, they would not stick. I called TAC shop and he said you have to wipe the wrap with alcohol first. Started wiping them as I went and they stuck good.

Comment

Working...
                      X