Lexus RX300 thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexus RX300 thoughts??

Anyone have first hand experience with them? They seem to be reasonably priced for a used SUV. I’m considering buying an older one (early 2000’s) with higher miles for my wife with how expensive fuel is getting. Wanting to be sure there aren’t any horror stories with them like the older range rovers or BMW’s. Any advice?

It’s a yota, if the maintenance is good, they’ll last forever like a yota. My grandparents still have their 2004 and drive it all over the place. Oil changes and a battery are all I think they’ve ever done to it.

Comment

Good friend has one and only issue he ever mentioned was a window switch going out.

Comment

Worked on Lexus for 17 yrs. Rx is a solid vehicle

Comment

My wife had one. its a good vehicle the only problem I had I felt like a sardine in a can every time I drove it. I couldn't drive it on long trips because it was to small and uncomfontable.

Comment

I maintain one, the door switches go out and cause keyless entry problems. I have a fuel CEL that has been going on and off for years. I cannot trace out the leak, about to bring it to the shop. But overall I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country today.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              My wife had one. its a good vehicle the only problem I had I felt like a sardine in a can every time I drove it. I couldn't drive it on long trips because it was to small and uncomfontable.
              Thanks for the feedback. Not too overly concerned for long trips. She drives around 100 miles a day taking our kids to school (another district) and then to work and picking them back up in the afternoons. I’d be much more comfortable with her in an SUV vs a car.

Comment

Solid vehicle. Our daughter is driving a 2005 - no major issues and a very smooth ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
                  It’s a yota, if the maintenance is good, they’ll last forever like a yota. My grandparents still have their 2004 and drive it all over the place. Oil changes and a battery are all I think they’ve ever done to it.

This right here.

They’re not glamorous and they’re not sexy, but when those Toyota products hit 250,000 miles, they are just now hitting their stride. Great safety and maintenance records; high dependability and durability.

Comment

Buddy had transmission issue with his but it could have been a fluke.

Comment

My wife has had 3 over the years, every one ran fine. No issues at all. Solid vehicles

Comment

The AWD models tend to have transmission issues. I have a FWD model and it’s runs good with 140k miles. It does not get great gas mileage.

Comment

My wife drove one for several years. We bought it new. Solid vehicle and very reliable but they do not get good fuel mileage for their size. We expected a lot better but only averaged about 18 mpg.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Solid but they ride like crap. It’s a LEXUS by gosh. Make it softer on my asz.

Comment

Thanks for all the insight. Now the search for a good used one begins.

Comment

Working...
                              X