Buck falls to 1886 Winchester in 33 WCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck falls to 1886 Winchester in 33 WCF

My family has had an 1886 Winchester in .33 WCF for many years and I have always wanted to take a deer with it. Well last Thursday during our short cold snap I took it and went to Throckmorton County. Had a decent buck come by and skirt the feeder. I guess he was checking for does. He stopped just long enough to look at the feeder and left. So mid day I refilled the feeder and put some hand corn and a little rice brand where he had stopped that morning about 30 yards from the feeder. Well guess who showed up that afternoon at the same spot. This time he took the time to eat a little and gave me long enough to get a shot off. He jumped and went about 20 yards a fell over backwards. The shot was a little back but quartering forward. I felt good about making it at 70 yards with open sights. The .33 WCF is a 45-70 necked down to a .338.

Nice...Dad has one in Excellent shape. Have you dated it??

I'm considering taking one with the Model 71 this year...1949 in .348 Win.
    Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome love the old leverguns

Comment

That is great!

Comment

That's awesome!
          I love hunting with my Marlin 336 Cowboy in .38-55. I've taken several deer in Texas and Missouri over the years with it.

Comment

Have not tried to find the year made. I know ammo is rare and hard to come by.

Comment

awesome experience

Comment

Originally posted by huntnelmo View Post
                That is what I was surprised about, the ammo for it.

Congratulations sir, on a fine buck with some legend behind it, well, laying on top of it anyway.

Comment

Your picture looks really close to some one I know. Y'all could pass for brothers.

Comment

Sweet gun and nice buck, too!

Comment

Originally posted by huntnelmo View Post
                      When you have time, give me the s/n minus the last two digits & I'll look it up for ya...example: 275xx

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

that's cool, congrats!

Comment

killed my first deer with an octagon barrel 32-20 made in 1906

Comment

outstanding........
                              Still drop'em after all these years.......

Comment

Working...
                              X