No announcement yet.

Prayers For Pineywoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciate the prayers guys. The hospital isn't where I want to be right now! I've got too much to do. I have been in high gear and way overdid it apparently. I haven't been able to eat and have had fatigue and some cognitive cloudiness lately while trying to run a business and remodel a metal building without a/c for the new church. It finally got me. I was fighting heat exhaustion for two days and kept pushing myself. I finally just collapsed and told my wife she had to take me home from the church bldg so I could lay in a cold shower and rest. I never made it home before I lost consciousness and had a seizure. Everything was fuzzy after that. I couldn't hardly wake up and wasn't making much sense when I spoke. Turns out I had a heat stroke and acute kidney failure and uremia. Basically my kidneys shut down and toxins were poisoning my blood. I had no idea heat could cause this. I'm doing better and my kidneys are improving some. The doctor said that he believes it is reversible but it will probably be Monday before I get out if I keep improving.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up Josh

Comment

Praying for you brother and do not rush back too soon. God's kingdom work needs you able bodied and clear headed. That's why we have other brothers and sisters to help us when needed. Take it nice and slow.

Comment

Dang brother that's brutal, sorry to hear!
              Hang in there, and take it easy for a bit.
              I know it's a hard thing to do when you have a million things to do, but you can't do it all .
              Get to feeling better

Comment

Dang man get well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers up for full recovery.

Comment

Do you know where he is?

Comment

Prayers up Josh. If you need anything bud holler at me.

Comment

Prayers for you.

Comment

Dang Josh! Get feeling better brother

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

A Prayer for complete recovery..

Comment

I'm praying that you fully recover, Josh. I can somewhat relate. Heat, or being out in it, will never be the same again. I still get somewhat dizzy or nauseous after being out in it for much longer than an hour. So I just try to stay out of it all together through the summer. Especially during the afternoons and evenings. Direct sunlight makes your skin hotter. And harder for your body to cool down.

Being a cyclist, I've suffered heat exhaustion a good number of times when I was younger. And have been dehydrated a number of times. But when you get to the point of dizziness, or cognitive impairment, it's time to stop. Dehydration, vomiting, not being able to sweat, and heat cramps are all signs that your body is to hot. And about to shut down if action is not taken soon.

The human body, as a means of self of preservation, begins to shut down organs to try to keep your heart and lungs functioning (central nervous system), and blood flowing. The kidneys are usually the first to shut down. Followed by your digestive track. This is true with not just heat stroke, but also when the body experiences severe trama or sickness.

My last time, I really didn't think I was going to make it. And had accepted my fate with the Lord. I was in the middle of no where. And probably wouldn't have been found for a while. It got up to 110 that day, in that location. But the forcast I looked at didn't call for that at home. I knew I was in trouble when I got heat cramps, and started vomiting after hiking in a few miles. Then ran out of water about the same time. I couldn't stand up without passing out. Finally got in some shade. And layed on my side with my back off the ground to keep my central nervous system from taking on more heat off the ground. Fire ants were terrible in some places. Seems they liked the shade too. It finally started to cool down a few degrees around 6pm. I was only 1/2 mile from my truck. And managed to get up and stumble to it in baby steps. Had some hot Gatorades inside that tasted like syrup, my tongue was so dry and swollen. And after sitting there another 45 minutes got in to drive. I didn't have air in the truck. After a 20-minute drive, made it to a convenience store where I got some cool liquids. Took me 2 weeks to get over that one. And it was the second one. The first one was just as bad. But I was around people. And in premium physical condition. Still took me two weeks to recover to where I felt right. And could think clearly.

I've got buddies that keep forgetting I can't tolerate the heat anymore. Lots of folk just don't understand. But that's OK. I hope they never have to experience such.

Comment

Working...
                                X