Bully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
    When I was 13 I was bullied by a kid for awhile. It started out verbal then pushes and shoves in the hallways, I did not want to fight this kid, everyone talked about how "bad" he was and he was a state ranked marshal arts competitor. My dad talked me through how to handle the situation which began with telling him to stop and walking away. Unfortunately, this did nothing to stop him. Dad then instructed me to go to our coaches and let them know what was going on and inform them of what I had done so far. I finished the conversation with the coach by telling him I wanted him to bring the kid into the gym just the two of us and let me call him out to a fight. No lie, I was scared to death but enough was enough. Coach brought him in pointed at me and told me to tell him what was on my mind. I called him out, told I had enough and that it was going to stop that day. Told him this was his opportunity to kick my butt, he stood there as white as a ghost and did nothing but apologize and back down from the fight. Never had a problem again. I don't know that a kid could get away with that method these days but the moment that bully felt true resistance he stopped.

I dealt with this last year with my 13yo son when he was the new good looking kid at school who all the girls talked about. One of the boys couldn't handle it and started messing with my son. Had the same conversations with him that my dad did with me. Unfortunately, when my son told him to knock it off in the hallway the kid pushed my son and took a swing at him. I had told my son this may happen and to be ready, taught him how to duck a punch and what to do. It ended up with them in a fight right there in the hallway and me receiving a phone call from the principal. They let me know that he didn't start it but he did finish it. He got 1 day of in school suspension but nothing from me. That kid never caused another problem after that day.

Girls, can be tricky as many don't have that fight in them. I am always an advocate of doing everything you can to avoid a fight but sometimes that is the only thing that will stop a bully.
    This is mostly true. They are masters of psychological warfare.

Comment

We've all been bullied and you have to deal with it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

All of my bullies wear scars.

Goodluck

Comment

If it's being picked on that's one thing. If she's being hit where it's leaving bruises then document and call the cops.

I'm saying this after the parents are aware now.

Sad but one must CYA these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            All of my bullies wear scars.

Goodluck
            That was the old you. New bullies you just hug and love until they see the light

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              This is mostly true. They are masters of psychological warfare.

I probably laughed at this just a little to hard!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                That was the old you. New bullies you just hug and love until they see the light
                Jesus says turn the other cheek

Comment

Sometimes people think about things a little better with a busted nose.

Comment

I got picked on in school. I'm no tough guy. Mainly kept to myself and my studies. I shrugged off the verbal BS as much as I could. It sucked, but it wasn't worth ruining my future over. Physical is a whole different situation. I remember one little punk in particular who took my passiveness to mean I was scared. I had enough one day and commenced to tear him apart with insults. ( I know, two wrongs don't make a right...) Now he's embarrassed and wants to fight to save face with his wannabe gangsta friends. Being the bully coward he was, here comes a handful of said friends saying they're gonna jump me. At the time I wore a heavy chain necklace. ( I was super cool ) I wrapped that sucker around my knuckles and said bring it. No doubt y'all are going to win with numbers, but not before someone gets messed up. Wouldn't you know, we're cool now. Point is, your girl needs to stand up for herself. Shut that crap down, even if it means throwing hands. Words are one thing. Once it becomes physical it's time to end it. Good luck, it sucks what the good kids have to deal with because worthless parents raise worthless kids.
                    Last edited by jdg13; 07-27-2022, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                      I got picked on in school. I'm no tough guy. Mainly kept to myself and my studies. I shrugged off the verbal BS as much as I could. It sucked, but it wasn't worth ruining my future over. Physical is a whole different situation. I remember one little punk in particular who took my passiveness to mean I was scared. I had enough one day and commenced to tear him apart with insults. ( I know, two wrongs don't make a right...) Now he's embarrassed and wants to fight to save face with his wannabe gangsta friends. Being the bully coward he was, here comes a handful of said friends saying they're gonna jump me. At the time I wore a heavy chain necklace. ( I was super cool ) I wrapped that sucker around my knuckles and said bring it. No doubt y'all are going to win with numbers, but not before someone gets messed up. Wouldn't you know, we're cool now. Point is, your girl needs to stand up for herself. Shut that crap down, even if it means throwing hands. Words are one thing. Once it becomes physical it's time to end it. Good luck, it sucks what the good kids have to deal with because worthless parents raise worthless kids.
                      This.
                      She needs to stand up for herself.
                      Win, lose or draw that will be the end of it.

Comment

Bullies are scared of self-confident people. Build her self confidence and the problem will take care of itself

Comment

girls have plenty of fight in them. My daughter was being bullied by an older girl student in school. I talked to her, then taught her how to defend herself. One day in the lunchroom the older girl grabbed my daughter by the throat and pushed her against the wall. My daughter then slammed her to the floor. Older girls older brother then grabbed my daughter by the arm and , again, got slammed to the floor.

Daughters mother called me raising cain about "that stuff" I had taught her and that I need to have a talk with her and daughter had detention for a week. I talked to her, found out that the two older kids got no detention. I went to the school and raised he**, got detention for the other kids as well.

Comment

I asked my daughter later if the older kids bothered her anymore. She said they walked on the other side of the hall when passing her. BTW, I taught self defense and Pressure Point Control for the State Police(GWs) in Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
                              Agree, this is not about avoiding conflict. About being assulted and not fighting back. I know it takes courage, but is courage something that can be learned? I think it can by standing up to the bully. Now, how to get a kid to get to that point is what I am struggling with.
                              Richard, have you considered getting her into self defense classes? The most important thing about those is the confidence it instills in kids.

Just a thought.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                                Sometimes people think about things a little better with a busted nose.
                                This. Hit them first, hit them hard and don’t stop is what I was taught by my old man. It worked well with a couple of “bullies” that tried to show off giving me hell for the first couple of weeks in ag class. I was the new quiet guy in a big high school I transferred to when I was 15, it was all good after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X