No announcement yet.

Stolen Valor scammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I served and it’s so easy to sniff these guys out. The ones sporting the Trident and bragging about their accomplishments are the obvious ones that can easily be picked off. What a tool.

I surely wouldn’t show anything from tye dd214 to the public. Just out his azz and he’ll be ruined. Pecan I’m guessing?
    Last edited by EZ-10RANCH; 05-02-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

He lists DEVGRU on his resume

Comment

As a war veteran myself I am very slow to call someone out on stolen valor. Half the stuff I did is not documented anywhere. My DD-214 does list out my war time service, and my official MOS, but it say's nothing of all my detachments. I never officially qualified with the M60, but I can rock one with the best of them. Also, with my MOS I had zero business around a tank, but I did get to drive one a little. It pay's to be cool to others. Also was privileged to see a SAW before they were common place. So the list of "undocumented" things you do is probably longer than the documentation.

This guy does sound iffy, and that Don Shipley is legit! However, I always recommend proceeding with caution chasing down these bogus people. The seal thing is definitely a red flag for sure. And if it truly is stolen valor then yes he sucks, but be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
          As a war veteran myself I am very slow to call someone out on stolen valor. Half the stuff I did is not documented anywhere. My DD-214 does list out my war time service, and my official MOS, but it say's nothing of all my detachments. I never officially qualified with the M60, but I can rock one with the best of them. Also, with my MOS I had zero business around a tank, but I did get to drive one a little. It pay's to be cool to others. Also was privileged to see a SAW before they were common place. So the list of "undocumented" things you do is probably longer than the documentation.

This guy does sound iffy, and that Don Shipley is legit! However, I always recommend proceeding with caution chasing down these bogus people. The seal thing is definitely a red flag for sure. And if it truly is stolen valor then yes he sucks, but be careful.
          Yes, I'm hoping this guy is legit as I never wish ill on anyone and probably should not have shared this yet. It would be truly bad to call someone out who is the real deal but like I said, the documents posted on our member board are compelling. At the very least, that DD214 shows him an E5, not an officer!

Comment

That stinks.

You'd figure if you were gonna lie about it you'd at least make sure it "sounded" believable.
            To join as enlisted and out as an officer within 4 years?
            I can't wrap my brain around that one, but I'm only exposed to one enlistment in one branch- so maybe it's a thing .

Comment

He’s a liar, just may not be lying about everything. Good ole Mr Shipley proved the only lie you needed. Guilty of stolen valor right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                So he was a SEAL janitor? Kinda but not really

What gets me is how long as he taken advantage of discounts, parking or free stuff when he didnt do anything
                Don’t make this mistake. Before I entered the Military I worked maintenance in a hospital in Mobile. The guy “Jessie Taylor” worked over night with me, he changed light bulbs. He sketched some of the greatest combat pictures I’ve ever seen on the back of heavy duty wallpaper. A few years later I started seeing these in special places around the world, at gatherings and parties and such, even the Pentagon.

I never knew what he was, they just called him “Crazy Jessie” and told me not to startle him at night.

Comment

I agree, enlisted to officer is very different. Also, to do all that and to only have served 4 years is pretty remarkable.

Again though, as Voodoo is eluding, I was issued uniforms that you NEVER see, I was given shot's with MP's standing by, I performed scouting missions that were never in step with my MOS. So I am always the skeptic.

Comment

One of the rare times I went over to Audie Murphy VA a fella was sitting in the waiting room with me and he wouldn’t shut up. He said he was a Ranger, Delta, a Seal, a few other things , and a Recon Marine. Already knowing it was a pile of Scat I asked him how long he was in, the answer was 36 months. I called him a liar and told him to shutup. He made the mistake of attacking me. It was a big deal. I decided then and there that I don’t deserve better than the VA but aI definitely EARNED better so I only go on base now since I’m retired.

On the “Uniform” thang above, its amazing how disconnected the military can be. While in Panama my unit wore Slant Pocket rip stop Greens with the zipper fly. I had to go TDY to Colorado and was walking to the club when the base commander stopped and picked me up and made a big deal of this “inappropriate and unauthorized uniform”. It started a whole thing where you could not wear a specialized uniform on TDY anymore.
                    Last edited by Voodoo; 05-02-2022, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Yup. He's full of shiite.

Numbers are made up...because I can't remember the meme:

There have been 2,900 Navy Seals on active duty in the last 20 years.

I have met all 5,000 of them.

Comment

You think that's bad. A&M paid this guy big bucks based on his fictitious experience. He was one of my bosses about 3 steps up. Spoke at some of our meetings and could spill corporate style BS with the best of them.

Dr. Alexander Kemos will serve as Associate Executive Vice President for Operations for Texas A&M University.

If I remember right, a real ex- Seal sniffed him out.

Last edited by toledo; 05-02-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

You would be astounded at the number of people working for the government with BS credentials and diploma mill degrees. One of the news agencies did a big report on it many years ago, the government response was not to do anything about it.

Basically they condone it and in today’s world, they would say its equitable giving chances to minorities.

Comment

Service members exaggerating their service is more common than you may think………. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does he work for CheyTac?

Comment

Look at some of the major players in high government office that have been caught red handed doing the same BS.Most of them are still in office.

Comment

Working...
                                X