My sons first deer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sons first deer!!!

My 7 year old son had a baseball tournament this past weekend so we were not able to make it for the opener (MLD). But we finished up on Sunday, exhausted, and drove straight to the lease still wearing his uniform. After we arrived we drove out to the area we would be hunting to get things ready and thew out some road corn at distances he could make a shot.

We had grand plans of getting into the blind 30 min before feeder went off but after a long day of baseball we all overslept. Ended up getting in the blind this morning after the feeder had gone off so our hopes were not high. The about 20 min later (I truly believe) that god let one lone doe walk out to our right and started munching on the road corn we had thrown out the night before. My son shifted over chairs to sit in my lap and it was up to him from there. I told him to tell me when he was ready. He gave me the ok and I switched his 6.5 Grendel to fire and it was on. Soon after the gun goes off and the doe does a classic high kick and takes off. We see where she goes into the woods. About 20 min later we get out to see what had happened. Since she wasn’t laying in sight I prepped him that we may not recover the deer. Fortunately after about a 150 yard trek through the thick piney wood forest the doe was laying there.

He had made a great shot and there was good blood then entire way. Solid 100# doe.

You can tell how happy he is from his smile. I’ve shot some pretty good bucks but I’m guessing this is one of the hunts I’ll never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing like that first one. He will always remember that. Congratulations to both of you!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome stuff congrats guys

Comment

The pictures say it all! Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to both father and son. Greatness!

Comment

That’s one that neither of you will ever forget. Good job dad! Congrats to you both.

Comment

Good job young man. Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats!

Comment

Waydago!

Comment

Congrats to you both!