No announcement yet.

Osha violations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can hire a safety consultant. They'll handle trying to reduce the fine.

Comment

We call that Job Creation...they only make payroll by passing out fines.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        I have been out of the workplace for a few years. No doubt the fine is there but I would be more concerned if it is one of the classifications above for future business.
        Part of our worry also, we have contracts on about 10 commercial jobs for next year.
        Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
        They popped us for around $80k. I was not directly involved, but we ended up paying $15k. Our folks that handle that say they always go high knowing you will pay less, sometimes a lot less.
        That's good to hear, gives me hope lol
        Originally posted by M16 View Post
        You have to be the lowest of the low to fine somebody for that amount of money for some cs violation.
        My thoughts exactly, they guy even said if we'd get the stuff shipped overnight that it probably wouldn't even be a fine.

Comment

The amount of safety bs I deal with on projects now is Ludacris. One of the GCs we work for in Austin it takes about an hour out of the workday every single day to fill out thier safety jsa BS

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s a life worth?

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
              What’s a life worth?
              Like I said, this gate crap looks more dangerous than not having one. These guys hate using them.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                The amount of safety bs I deal with on projects now is Ludacris. One of the GCs we work for in Austin it takes about an hour out of the workday every single day to fill out thier safety jsa BS

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ha. We were told when we bid some chevron work to put down 5 workable hours per day.
                JSA, hot work, sniff test, safety protocols every single day. Slightest drop of rain everybody shuts down. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                  What’s a life worth?
                  Not much if you are too stupid to use common sense. That’s the problem. They used to get weeded out of the gene pool.

Comment

Here is how you reduce the fines or get it to go away:

1. Fix the problem ASAP
                    2. Retrain your guys on scaffolding user/competent person (Your not even supposed to be on scaffolding without training)
                    3. Get a safety plan in place ASAP

We have been cited before and if you show that you are doing everything to fix the problem they will reduce the fine or completely remove it. The company I work for has never paid a fine by doing the above. We also have a pretty stellar safety track record, so that helps. If you show you truly want to fix the problem they will work with you, especially on a first citation.

If you have any questions, PM and I will help point you in the right direction.

Comment

The safety gates are a pain, but they are there for a reason. We installed them on all our raised platforms. We did have chains but most people wouldn’t hook them back after using them. Good luck on the fines.

Comment

Infrastructure jobs! Build it back better

Comment

Thanks guys, I was expecting $5-10,000 but not $23,000. Iv saw a company have severe epa violations that directly hurt the ecosystem in a bad way and they only received a $31,000 fine

Comment

What’s the size of your company? The fines are lower for companies with less than 25 employees. What type of scaffolding were you using? Tube type or walk through type frames ? Scaffolding is pretty serious especially with height. Fall protection has to be in place.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              You have to be the lowest of the low to fine somebody for that amount of money for some cs violation.
                              It really is BS. They only force companies to contract out to safety companies. And it's 95% just a show. No one really cares. And the reason no one cares is because of the amount of BS involved.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryC View Post
                                What’s the size of your company? The fines are lower for companies with less than 25 employees. What type of scaffolding were you using? Tube type or walk through type frames ? Scaffolding is pretty serious especially with height. Fall protection has to be in place.
                                Technically we have 0 employees, we use subs. Some are labor only subs and some provide everything but materials for the job. This set was labor only. The scaffolding was the tube type, 6 footers and they were only 2 frames high. These guys were laying brick on scaffolding like this when they were 10 years old lol. They know their way around them.

Comment

Working...
                                X