$3000-3250 budget what rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3000-3250 budget what rifle?

If you had a $3000-3250 budget for complete setup rifle, scope, rings, supressor for hunting situations elk and muleys and all the Tx critters from 0-500 how would you spend it and on what?

Got caliber selection down to .270 and 7mm mag but might could be persuaded to change it up some but wanting a long action or mag of some sort. Wanting it relatively light and threaded. Adjustable cheek piece a must.

I have scope narrowed down to the vortex pst gen 2 3-15x44 ffp in moa, but rifle and supressor is what is getting me.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Alamo precision has a good deal going on there Maverick line. Prices start at $2395. I used there APR gen 2 action on my wife's 6.5 creedmoor, shoots great. A 7mm mag would be a good choice, buy an aftermarket cheek riser and your done.

Comment

I'll hit the suppressor part. I have 3 and have access to another 5. All are different brands and different materials. That said, the main difference between them are going to be weight, length/width, and material made out of. They are all so close and by ear can hardly tell a difference. I would go to a shop and hold and pick up some and see which ones you like. I would say you would have $1000 or close to it on a suppressor with tax stamp. If you are going to be walking I would look at lighter suppressor as you know weight add's up quick.

Comment

APR Maverick. I’d split the difference of those two cartridges and go .280 AI.

Comment

So 3200$ for all three?

Is your price including having a trust made or do you already have that? If not Im seeing a budget of about 1200$ for the rifle after the other 2 which takes APR out of the question.

Maybe A Christensen Arms Mesa?
          Last edited by 150class; 10-28-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

You can find 50% off Thunderbeast certificates pretty easy right now. That will get you an Ultra 7 for around the $800 mark including buying the 1/2off cert.
            I like the 300prc for elk.
            As far as the rifle build, you can’t go wrong with Alamo.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              So 3200$ for all three?

Is your price including having a trust made or do you already have that?
              Pretty much yes. And I could probably get up to around 4k relatively easily if need be to get a better rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                You can find 50% off Thunderbeast certificates pretty easy right now.
                Would you school me on this please? Where do you find these?

Comment

Just curious, but why spend $$$ on such a custom setup and get a off the shelf caliber?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                    Pretty much yes. And I could probably get up to around 4k relatively easily if need be to get a better rifle.

Gotcha. I was editing the post when you quoted me.

If you can bump up some more like you said then maybe snag one of the Seekins Havoks if they are in a cal you approve of.

Suppressor wise I'd look at a Nomad, Sandman, Thunderbeast, or Omega.
                    All those after trust and stamp its around 1300ishh

Believe your scope is 700 or so. Good rings will be 100-150$.

So about 1100$ or 1900$ for the gun. APR will be 2500$ before you can mess with them
                    Last edited by 150class; 10-28-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Just curious, but why spend $$$ on such a custom setup and get a off the shelf caliber?
                      Because if I forget my ammo at the house while headed north for elk muleys moose etc I can still find ammo for it. This would be my primary critter killer is what I am going for.

Comment

So for scope I am wanting and rings etc looking at around $750.

That leaves $2500-3000 for rifle and suppressor or if I wait a year can just get the rifle only this year and maybe dabble into some custom builds. But is that necessary for a 0-500 yard critter killer? And on range days messing around out to 1000?

Comment

Savage HS Precision in 300WM $1050 get a bedding job you’ll be around $1250 rings and scope and picatinny rail around $1000 and $1000 on a suppressor. Don’t cheap out on glass.

Comment

Skip the suppressor and put that money into the rifle

Comment

My buddy just bought a Barrett and he absolutely loves it. He has it topped with a Nightforce and that thing is super light.

Comment

Working...
                              X