Best 3/4 ton Gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    I've got a 2018 F250 with the 6.2 gas engine. I love it. I didn't need a diesel either so that why I got it. I'm a Ford truck guy anyway.
    Same truck here and liking it so far. Solid 15 MPG driving to work all week. Tows our 30’ camper, utility trailers loaded and everything else I have just fine. Gas MPG drops way down but not a big deal. It don’t tow like a diesel though for sure. Went this route for bigger bed and cab room, and diesel was not needed for my application. Oh is it the best, well...IDK time will tell and didn’t look at others.
    Last edited by Electrican; 10-01-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

2018 f250 6.2. Just got back from North Louisiana pulling a 7000 pound 20 ft.car trailer. Lock out 6th and pull in 5th. No problem 9 mpg.

Comment

Can’t beat a 6.0 Chevy or GM. Won’t get good mileage but they’re bulletproof engines. Had an 02 that I sold with 200K and I still see it rolling around town from time to time hauling carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by ecs View Post
          2018 f250 6.2. Just got back from North Louisiana pulling a 7000 pound 20 ft.car trailer. Lock out 6th and pull in 5th. No problem 9 mpg.
          Buddy of mine has same truck. I don’t think it ties as well as the f-150 he traded in on it.
          No power, terrible fuel economy compared to a diesel.

I would either get the diesel, or buy a half ton and probably be just fine that couple times a year you will be towing.

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Had a 2008 6.0 vortec. Wasn't very happy with it at all. (But I've always had diesels). My buddy has 2014 6.4 hemi ram. Its solid for a gasser.

Comment

Up until last month I would have said Ford.... then I bought a Cummings. Totally different story!! Better fuel mileage and twice the power.

Comment

On my 2nd 6.0 first one 07 GMC lots of time with trailer traded in at 265k one of my employees bought it and has been driving for a year with no issues. now have a 13 chevy I picked up cheap with less than 50k on it or i would still be driving the first one

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                    Buddy of mine has same truck. I don’t think it ties as well as the f-150 he traded in on it.
                    No power, terrible fuel economy compared to a diesel.

I would either get the diesel, or buy a half ton and probably be just fine that couple times a year you will be towing.
                    The 6.2 puts similar power down as the EB F-150. That said towing is NOT about power. It’s about the ability to manage the load, which the 250 will do night and day better.. When the load needs a 3/4 ton or larger you won’t be making use of that power if the half ton truck can’t manage the load anyways. The F-150 will do more than most people need though.

Comment

All I own and all with 6.0. 2001 Chevy 2500 HD with over 200k. Still running good. 2011 Chevy 2500 HD with 114k. 2017 GMC 2500 HD with 20k. The 2017 easily gets 15 empty.Which is honestly no worse than its diesel counterparts. It’s the wife’s daily driver. We pull a 24 foot aluminum show cattle trailer LOADED all the time with no issues. Sure mileage might go down to 9 or 10 but...... my fuel is cheaper, oil changes are cheaper, no DEF or all those fuel system issues, and repairs when needed are a FRACTION of the diesel version. Oh and truck is 8k less to purchase. IMO unless you are pulling HEAVY loads almost daily there is absolutely no need for a diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by BDR View Post
                        All I own and all with 6.0. 2001 Chevy 2500 HD with over 200k. Still running good. 2011 Chevy 2500 HD with 114k. 2017 GMC 2500 HD with 20k. The 2017 easily gets 15 empty.Which is honestly no worse than its diesel counterparts. It’s the wife’s daily driver. We pull a 24 foot aluminum show cattle trailer LOADED all the time with no issues. Sure mileage might go down to 9 or 10 but...... my fuel is cheaper, oil changes are cheaper, no DEF or all those fuel system issues, and repairs when needed are a FRACTION of the diesel version. Oh and truck is 8k less to purchase. IMO unless you are pulling HEAVY loads almost daily there is absolutely no need for a diesel.

EXACTLY! A 6.0 is the Cummins of the gasser world. Bulletproof and long lasting with TONS of power.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          I've got a 2018 F250 with the 6.2 gas engine. I love it. I didn't need a diesel either so that why I got it. I'm a Ford truck guy anyway.
                          X2 love mine.

Comment

I've run nothing but gas. As stated above, initial cost is about $8K less than diesel, maintenance is less and so forth. I've got a '17 F250 with the 6.2L V8. Plenty of power to haul round bales, cattle, tractors and equipment. Works for me.

Comment

Drove my 2012 Ram 2500 diesel until last year. Bought a 2017 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi. Have no regrets at all. Still gets up and moves and will pull anything I need to.

Comment

I love my

2013 RAM 2500 w the 5.7 HEMI

Gets 12.9 mixed driving and 13.6 average on HWY

Has cold air intake, and 35” tires. Stock besides that.
                                Has some balls...
                                I rarely pull anything - But prefer a bigger truck and want to know that if I need it, I have a solid truck for whatever..

and it is actually really big

Last edited by eltacs; 10-01-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X