Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Rate the Day Lease

Old 11-26-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
Homer75
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas
Default OX Ranch

Just got back from the Ox Ranch on Wednesday chasing blackbucks. All I have to say is what a beautiful ranch, I took my son with me and he had a blast as much as I did. When we showed up, it was awesome to see animals Iíve never seen roaming around just in the main lodge area. There were warthogs and some other kind of pig that reminded me of a bush pig that was about 300#ís. It was cool that you get your own log cabin while staying there and was the nicest cabin Iíve ever stayed in. Iíve never really hunted blackbuck before and my opinion of them is completely different now. When I had them on an old lease of mine they were pretty passive but not these. I watched one jet black guy push out a fallow, axis and a young oryx from the feeder we were hunting. It took a lot for me not to shoot the jet black guy on the first evening, but I chose horn length over hide color. This guy I believe was 20 1/4Ē and 20 1/2Ē straight tape per my guide. I wasnít exactly sure how to officially measure him and really donít care at this point, heís at Tri-State Taxidermy getting mounted for the wall. I canít wait to see what looks like again.

I think someone on here said the Ox Ranch is a premium ranch that commands a premium price. After going Iím a believer in you get what you pay for, bargain hunt, bargain experience.

And if youíre a history person, DriveTanks.com was very cool.

Homer75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-26-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Looks like a good time. That's a great blackbuck. Congrats!!
CRM_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-26-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
Seatrout
Six Point

Hunt In: Moss Hill and Floresville

Nice Blackbuck congratulations!
Seatrout is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
6.5 shooter
Eight Point

Did you shoot the big guns? I hear them every weekend firing the 50 cal. Machine gun.
Great BB, congrats.
6.5 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
Homer75
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Did you shoot the big guns? I hear them every weekend firing the 50 cal. Machine gun.
Great BB, congrats.
No, I said something about shooting the 50 cal Barrett but the 1k yard range was washed away from all the rain. I didnít care to shoot the 50 cal at 300yrds, felt like it would be shooting a 300 WM at 10 yards. I did get a video of someone using the flamethrower at night, super cool and HOT. Iíll try and plug the video in here in a minute.

I got a great lesson on how powerful flowing water is while we were there. I wish I would have taken a picture of their water crossings because they had boulders that were anchored with rebar wash away from the flooding. We talk about the flooding and read about stuff like that but when you personally see the effects, itís humbling.
Homer75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
6.5 shooter
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer75 View Post
No, I said something about shooting the 50 cal Barrett but the 1k yard range was washed away from all the rain. I didnít care to shoot the 50 cal at 300yrds, felt like it would be shooting a 300 WM at 10 yards. I did get a video of someone using the flamethrower at night, super cool and HOT. Iíll try and plug the video in here in a minute.

I got a great lesson on how powerful flowing water is while we were there. I wish I would have taken a picture of their water crossings because they had boulders that were anchored with rebar wash away from the flooding. We talk about the flooding and read about stuff like that but when you personally see the effects, itís humbling.
Itís unbelievable, my house is due north of the ox and sits at about 1700 feet elevation. I had a flood on top of my hill. 56 inches of rain since early August.
6.5 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #7
Texag0842
Four Point

Hunt In: Mountain Home and Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Itís unbelievable, my house is due north of the ox and sits at about 1700 feet elevation. I had a flood on top of my hill. 56 inches of rain since early August.
6.5 we can't be too far from you. Have a place in Utopia, TX
Texag0842 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #8
Lawhunter
Ten Point

How much for the giraffe?
Lawhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2018, 02:49 PM   #9
bigbite
Eight Point

Nice Blackbuck!
bigbite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top