No announcement yet.

2021 White Bass Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good morning. They caught over 50 whites total and 2 crappie. Kept 18 nice ones. Lots of smaller ones. All on hand tied jigs and ultra lights with 6 to 8lb test. Black and silver hand tied today was the trick. Two days ago it was an all chartreuse hand tied jig.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      I have eat pretty much every fish in Texas fresh water. There is no fish I would rather have than 12 to 14 inch male white bass. I usually cull limits if this size. We often catch a lot of crappie at the same time. I fry them together and noone can tell which is which. I prefer the whites because they fillet more consistent.
      Hit me up when yall get after them up that way. Im gonna try the trinity this year since my spot is low on water

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Unkle Pat say dem is trash fish, only good for cut bait and such.

I caught one in his boat and he hollered, "dont let that trash touch my boat". It was an accident and slid out of my hands and landed on his fancy side view monitor thing. He got mad and slung his fishing pole in the lake, but he found it again with his trolling motor. Them Zebco's hold alot of string and that trolling motor found it all.
      HAHAHAAAAAAA

Was that before or after you throwed him out of his own boat??

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Hit me up when yall get after them up that way. Im gonna try the trinity this year since my spot is low on water

HAHAHAAAAAAA

I promised him not to speak of that incident publicly. Lol

Comment

Pat said you tripped him with tarpon rod 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Pat said you tripped him with tarpon rod 🤣
            He made me leave it at the truck, said I needed to sell it and buy an alarm clock

Comment

We wasnt in public when he told me. So Im not bound to whatever agreement yall had as a third party. Therefore Im allowed to start a thread and tell the world...

RADAR THROWED A MAN OUT HIS OWN BOAT!

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              Pat said you tripped him with tarpon rod ��
              the tarpon rod.........LOL

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

HAHAHAAAAAAA

Haha, beat me to it! Was about to post the same thing!

Comment

Why do yall think I say "yes sir" and "no sir" when I'm talking to Radar? I'm about a foot shorter than Pat and only half as mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Oh my

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                      You are my friend and I would be willing to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        If anyone needs someone to tag along, I would welcome the opportunity, but in about 7 weeks after rehab on my shoulder.

Before I left Temple area/College Station in 1975 and moved to Lubbock. I have fished the Leon above Lake Belton and a few places on the Colorado River (Lemmons Camp) and would absolutely slay them. After being away from this action for 45 years, I would love to get back into it, just do not know where to go today!
                        The area above the lake you are likely talking about on the Leon has been closed down for a while. Called it the log jam. But yes those are still my 2 favorite go to spots

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          If anyone needs someone to tag along, I would welcome the opportunity, but in about 7 weeks after rehab on my shoulder.

Before I left Temple area/College Station in 1975 and moved to Lubbock. I have fished the Leon above Lake Belton and a few places on the Colorado River (Lemmons Camp) and would absolutely slay them. After being away from this action for 45 years, I would love to get back into it, just do not know where to go today!
                          The area above the lake you are likely talking about on the Leon has been closed down for a while. Called it the log jam. But yes those are still my 2 favorite go to spots

Comment

White bass fishing/eating is one of my favorite things to do in this life. After deer season I like to call it white bass season

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Why do yall think I say "yes sir" and "no sir" when I'm talking to Radar? I'm about a foot shorter than Pat and only half as mean!
                              Lol

Comment

Way to go Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X