Recommend a Good Cordless Nailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a Good Cordless Nailer

We are doing some remodeling so I have some baseboard molding & a few doors to install. After that the tool will set for who knows how long.

I am the furthest thing from a professional carpenter & really don't need the same tool as the guys who use them every day.

But there are enough of these tools out there to be confusing - it looks like it'd be easier to get a crappy one than a good one. And I sure don't want one that takes special nails.

Basically, I know next to nothing about these things and really don't want to spend a lot for something I'll seldom use.

Anything out there fit the bill for me?

And it doesn't have to be cordless, just non pneumatic as I don't have a compressor big enough to run anything.

All you want to know about cordless brad nailers is in this video. I like the Dewalt the best , but the Ryobi is pretty good and you save a few bucks.

Comment

Whichever one goes with your current cordless setup. I have the Porter Cable stuff, and really like the nail gun.

Comment

So I guess I'm not getting anything for much under $200?

And what a crock that most don't come with a battery or charger - looks like you gotta pay another $75-$100 if you actually want to be able to use the tool!

Comment

I know you said cordless, but if its just for 1 or 2 projects, I would get a corded one. I got a cheap one at Harbor Freight and its been great.

Comment

My Ryobi 15g & 18g cordless nailers are still going strong after 6yrs of hobby work.
            Waiting for them to die, so I can get the Milwaukee set .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
              I know you said cordless, but if its just for 1 or 2 projects, I would get a corded one. I got a cheap one at Harbor Freight and its been great.
              Very interested in this - do you remember a brand or model #?

The Harbor Freight website only wants to show pneumatic nailers.

I did buy an electric impact wrench a few years ago from Harbor Freight and I absolutely love that thing.

Comment

Do you have any battery powered tools ? If so look into what ever brand you have . I run Milwaukee. Have a few of their nailers . They work great .

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                  Very interested in this - do you remember a brand or model #?

The Harbor Freight website only wants to show pneumatic nailers.

I did buy an electric impact wrench a few years ago from Harbor Freight and I absolutely love that thing.
                  You are correct, Im a dummy, it was a pneumatic one.

Comment

I’m partial to the DeWalt. I use the 16 gauge and 18 gauge every day.

Comment

I don't have any complaint about the Dewalt other than it sure sound weird getting ready to fire.

Comment

Yep, I like my Dewalt.

Hey...someone had to do it! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                        X