Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto Houston sucks but this too shall move on, pass, leave , exit

Comment

We have been more than blessed. The booming metropolitan area of Crawford USA has held up extremely well. No loss of power nor water.

We have ran our thermostat down to 62 and have kept a fire going for the last 4 days straight. Getting up every hour or so at night and letting water faucets run for a few seconds to keep any pipes from freezing up.

Breck and I have cut and hauled two more big loads of firewood from the back. I got one more seasoned tree left that I can cut up if needed.

Praying for all less fortunate. If you are close and need to shower or get warm and or eat. PM me.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        [/B]

I think if you are lucky enough to be on the same grid as a hospital you are golden. My son and DIL in Round Rock live near a hospital and that's why they are assuming their power has stayed on.

I think the same applies to police and fire stations. We live near one and I think that’s the only reason we are still on

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          [/B]

I think if you are lucky enough to be on the same grid as a hospital you are golden. My son and DIL in Round Rock live near a hospital and that's why they are assuming their power has stayed on.
          He’s probably right. Not an hour goes by that I’m not thankful to have electricity. We are 1-2 miles from 4 hospitals.

Comment

Not Corpus

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              We have been more than blessed. The booming metropolitan area of Crawford USA has held up extremely well. No loss of power nor water.

We have ran our thermostat down to 62 and have kept a fire going for the last 4 days straight. Getting up every hour or so at night and letting water faucets run for a few seconds to keep any pipes from freezing up.

Breck and I have cut and hauled two more big loads of firewood from the back. I got one more seasoned tree left that I can cut up if needed.

Praying for all less fortunate. If you are close and need to shower or get warm and or eat. PM me.

Rwc

We should be in Crawford as we are on hour 36 of no electricity in San Antonio. [emoji35]

Comment

doing well in Kountze, at least those of us who do not depend on propane. I work at the local hardware store and we have been selling out in only a few hours after delivery gets here,,,, but like many of, you small town folks get it done, most around here have plans and materials to make do,,, pot belly stoves, Coleman lanterns, fireplaces extra wood propane tanks filled, generators with fuel,,, sleeping bags and quilts.....

power was out for about 17 hours from monday about 1030pm till tuesday about 530 pm. On Tuesday afternoon it finally got cold enough to start the generator and run a couple of small electric heaters, used battery lamps for light, when the living area got warm enough i turned one heater off and plugged in the fridge.... we had one tub filled with water to flush the toilets..
                had plenty of food, charcoal, lighter fluid and propane which i did not even get too

in between this and that the wife and passed the time playing farkle and yahtzee
                Last edited by xman59; 02-18-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I feel blessed we have had a few rolling blackouts but not many in Mission Valley. My parents Dad is 99 Mom is 91 have not had power since Sunday noon in Victoria we had to go get them and bring them to my house couldn't get to them until Tuesday because of the roads It was pretty rough for them.

Comment

Tyler is thawing out a bit today, but has been a frozen mess for for 5 days. Electricity spotty. Mine has been on for the last 2 days, but on and off for several days before that. Had no electricity Tuesday night when it got down to 0. Some parts of town had no electricity for 4 days. Tyler has issued a boil water notice. Lots of frozen pipes in town. We survived. Looking forward to warmer weather.

Comment

Mine is. Every bar and restaurant is packed!

Comment

Who's city is doing OK?

I’m thinking we may need to go buy lotto tickets. Somehow, we didn’t even have a hiccup to our power or water. I’m in San Antonio right off I10 on the East side and don’t live near anything that’s essential. Just gotta count our blessings I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dayyon Texas did great. Or let me say Entergy did great. Lost power for 8 hours during the day. No dripping of water...I ran the **** out of my water from all inside outlets. High water bill or busted pipes...you pick.

Comment

Been fine in north Arkansas. No power issues. I did have a pipe bust in my well house on Tuesday because my heat lamp went out over night. I hadn’t replaced it in a while and I think that was the night/morning it got down to -9 or so. Quick but cold fix but I did kick myself for not replacing that bulb before the cold front.

Comment

Working...
                            X