Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on what this Artic Weather will do to the fleas, ticks and mosquitoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it would thin out the fly & fireant population I’d be alright with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

they will continue to flourish as always.

Comment

If the fleas or ticks are on a living animal, they will survive. If they are on a plant or ground, they should die. I have killed quite a few coyotes, when it was in the low 20s with ice all over the place. Found the coyotes, were all covered with very healthy fleas and lice. So if they are on a animal, that is staying warm enough to live, they most likely will also live.

Mosquitos should also die. But don't bank on all of them dying, just some of them. How any of them survive, I don't know, but they do.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 02-15-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          If the fleas or ticks are on a living animal, they will survive. If they are on a plant or ground, they should die. Mosquitos should also die. But don't bank on all of them dying, just some of them. How any of them survive, I don't know, but they do.
          Some of the female mosquitos hibernate and will survive. Even if all the females were to die, the eggs survive the cold just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X