No announcement yet.

Enchanted Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my brother drew a hunt there in January, doe/spike only hunt.

Comment

We used to Bowhunt Dutch Mountain right next to it. Cool place, congrats on the freezer filling

Comment

Switched blinds tonight with my dad. I shot a little 6point. Right after I shot a good mature buck stepped out. Win some lose some.

Pic from the stand tonight. No one has seen any exotics this trip. But the hunt manager said they have 3 full curl mouflons running around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wow

..that is a GREAT pic....perfect day...cept for the heat..ish....

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
            Switched blinds tonight with my dad. I shot a little 6point. Right after I shot a good mature buck stepped out. Win some lose some.

Pic from the stand tonight. No one has seen any exotics this trip. But the hunt manager said they have 3 full curl mouflons running around.

I hunted that stand several years ago and saw a really nice 8 point. I was on a doe/spike hunt though....

Comment

Man I miss deer hunting, haven,t shot a deer in 2 yr.s, lost my place to hunt used to hunt in Jacksburlo n. Tx. A friend owns 1000 acres up there but haven,t been there for 2yr.s, we hunted for 15 yrs together, now he has 22 ac. With lots of deer but no invite to shoot one

Comment

This hunt has gone pretty good so far. My dad and I are here on the Gun Deer Either Sex hunt. Bag limit is 5 deer. We have 4 in the cooler after our first hunt this evening.

The staff has been good, and we are taking advantage of filling our freezer! They are so over run with deer they are needing the herd thinned.

I did see a mountain lion I watched it for 10minutes at about 500 yards on a rock outcrop.

My dad got a 5pt, spike, and doe. I was able to take a doe on the first evening of the hunt. We will be back at it early! I’ll try to give some better pics of our setups tomorrow around lunch.

Awesome! And the mountain lion may be the best part!

Comment

We decided not to hunt this morning and sleep in. We will be headed back out at 2

Comment

Good luck this afternoon!

Comment

one of my favorite places. the country side out there is beautiful.

BTW, if you saw a true mountain lion, even if 500yds away, you need to go play the lottery. that is an extreme rarity!!

Comment

Well we have filled the freezer we are each going home with 3 deer from this hunt. I got a spike tonight.

The total for the hunt between 19 hunter’s was 42 deer and 7 pigs. There is still another morning hunt tomorrow but we have enough meat and want to get home early tomorrow and get started unpacking and getting deer processed.

A couple of decent bucks were killed. There were 2 stags killed (nutless bucks). They had freaky horns!

Comment

Well we have filled the freezer we are each going home with 3 deer from this hunt. I got a spike tonight.

The total for the hunt between 19 hunter’s was 42 deer and 7 pigs. There is still another morning hunt tomorrow but we have enough meat and want to get home early tomorrow and get started unpacking and getting deer processed.

A couple of decent bucks were killed. There were 2 stags killed (nutless bucks). They had freaky horns!

Congrats on the meat haul. A guy killed a scraggly spike stag when I was there several years ago. Must be the genetics there.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            Congrats on the meat haul. A guy killed a scraggly spike stag when I was there several years ago. Must be the genetics there.

The staff said it’s something in the soil that the bucks eat supposedly. It’s only in like one area of the park that the bucks are like this

Comment

The staff said it’s something in the soil that the bucks eat supposedly. It’s only in like one area of the park that the bucks are like this

Did mgmt hunt at Mason Mt and several small bucks in velvet were brought in. They had balls but didn’t mature sexually. Biologist said the same thing about a possible mineral deficiency or something they are eating. One of the bucks a guy shot actually knocked both of his antlers off when he flipped on the ground after being shot. Strange to see.

Comment

And congrats on filling the freezer.

Comment

Working...
                                X