Need a weed ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a weed ID

Hey there you guys.... here's another weed ID I'm hoping you can help with. This is a small, grayish-greenish weed. We have tons of it around our place. Some of it's scattered, some is really thick. I sprayed with 2,4-d @ 1 qt. per acre and after 4 days it has really knocked down everything except this. Maybe it just takes longer, I'm not sure. It's very small, 1 to 3 inches high. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Sativa hybrid . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
      Sativa hybrid . .

#fillthepipeline
      idk man to me looks more indica then sativa.

Comment

You guys are funny, indica and sativa are marijuana varieties! Thought you had me there, didn't you?

Remember, they're small, a couple of inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
          You guys are funny, indica and sativa are marijuana varieties! Thought you had me there, didn't you?

Remember, they're small, a couple of inches.
          Thus the name "hybrid" . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

The long bladed grass looks like nutsedge. Picked mine up from using free manure for my garden. So much for free, right? There are herbicides to use such as Image.

Comment

Originally posted by Utican View Post
              The long bladed grass looks like nutsedge. Picked mine up from using free manure for my garden. So much for free, right? There are herbicides to use such as Image.
              Sorry, Utican, I'm talking about the little light grayish weeds in the picture, not the grass.

Comment

Pineapple Express....

Comment

Mexican sagewort? Hard to tell.

Comment

Might be a type of Croton. https://rangeplants.tamu.edu/plant/a...woolly-croton/

Comment

Perhaps it’s a variety of Cudweed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely looks like a variety of wormwood/sage; Artemisia ludoviciana or Artemisia mexicana.

cricman

Comment

Can you hand spray the worse spots? I had a similar problem after spraying a large acreage plot with 2-4-d and killing about 90% of the weeds.

I had some Celsius left over, mowed the problem areas short and hand sprayed with Celsius. Need to add a surfactant with Celsius for best results.

I hand sprayed due to increasing the herbicide mixture rate. I prefer 2-4-d as a general herbicide, but have had better results from Celsius in problem areas.

FWIW

Comment

Working...
                          X