Tile grout expert opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tile grout expert opinion needed

Lots of options for tile grout so coming here for expert opinion from the guys in the business. I am having a guy install a 5' x 3' shower that is going to be large (4"x 12") subway tile on the wall with white penny tile on the shower floor. Which grout would you recommend for these applications?

Thanks!

bump

Comment

I’m 99% sure this one was “light smoke”. I’ll text owner and see if she remembers
      Attached Files

Comment

Possibly pewter... I’ve used both a bit on white

Comment

second the pewter.

Comment

Whatever you do, get the kind of grout that you don’t have to seal.

Comment

It was pewter

Comment

I'd go with a urethane grout

Comment

I'd rip out the tile and put in marble. I hated the tile and grout problems on our floors. BTW, I'm not in the business.

Comment

LF I like that!!!

Should I use sanded or unsanded grout or maybe even an epoxy gout?

Comment

Fusion Pro (Custom) is a little difficult to work with but have had good results with a lot of showers and no failures. Laticrete has a similar product as does Mapei (maybe Flexcolor CQ) that I've used with good results as well. Both Custom and Mapei have the most common color charts that are similar with different names. Oyster or Delorean are very common right now with white subway though.

Comment

I’ve been using this lately

Between sanded and unsanded I always recommend sanded and 1/8” - 3/16”
                        Attached Files

Comment

I used the same type of grout here. The lines in main tile were 3/16, and in back of niche were 1/16. It did a great job. Makes nice lines, and easy to work with and clean (from what I can tell so far)
                          Attached Files

Comment

At first I was dead set on using fusion pro but started reading way too many bad reviews. I know epoxy if harder to install and not sure my tile guy will even do it. May just stick with sanded grout. What is the best brand of sanded grout? Read lots of reviews about grout yellowing/changing colors over time?
                            Last edited by Rex; 04-01-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I would look into LATICRETE permacolor select. Or one of their epoxy grouts such as spectralock pro. Both are excellent products.
                              Last edited by Stoneman1; 04-01-2020, 07:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X